Follow up Angio

Just a wee report on my follow up Angio.

Its 8 months since the Sah, got my appointment, was terrifyied about having a stroke, sometimes the internet is a terrible thing (although it was another patient who informed me of this). At times ignorance is bliss.

Upshot is they were unable to perform my anio, firstly they couldn't find the artery had a good couple of pokes though,then got the ultra sound out. Found the artery. Then I needed more anasethic then the tube keep buckling, the Doc gave up after 40mins (I hadn't a clue of the time, she said it had been 40mins of trying). Didn't help when I looked up and saw blood possibly iodine splattered on the camera/scanner. Doc was going to try my other thigh but thought I had enough. Too right I had. In all fairness the Docs and the Nurses were lovely and tried to be reassuring, but it doesn't help when you overhear "now does Dr Such such, remove the sheath????"

Any new SAHers don't let this scare you, i haven't heard anyother such horror stories and the theatre nurse did say "yeah you were terrified when you came in, at least the next time can't be as bad as this" :? You gotta laugh.

Roll on for my next appointment NOT!

Aine xox

Had a bit of a day, but didn't die or have a stroke so thats a bonus.

Sorry it went so badly for you. I suppose I should be grateful then as I never had an angio before my op as it was a Saturday only had the one three days post surgery and its not an experience I'd like to repeat in a hurry....

Hope you have a problem free one next time

Janet x

Aine

Just asked on the other bit why they stopped the Angio so now I know, that must have been hell.

Was it the Western? they are all lovely there, the nurse that used to be on the ward I was in works in the theatre now Fiona she's really lovely makes all the differece.

Hate the 4 hours lie after though.

Hope your better today, take care

Louise.xx

Hi Aine,

Must admit that you're the first person that I've heard of, having to go through that ordeal during their follow-up angio .... I was terrified of having mine done, but at least it did all go smoothly. Really sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience. As you haven't been able to have the angio, are they going to give you any other scans?

Just did Angio up in Aberdeen. They had to stop. because the tube they were putting up kept buckling or something it wouldn't smoothly go up the vein, possibly scaring from the last time. The doll that did me apparently did the last one. So into the left leg the next time.

I was dying for the loo. Don't know about you guys but I cannot use the bed pan, give it a go but complete stage fright, limped to the toilet after about an hour, got a severe ticking of from the nurse. After she explained why, I did understand the seriousness of it :oops:

Mmmm maybe I won't do that again, but they do say the best things in life are free, and i can't tell you , you can't beat a good Pee when you been desperate. (too much information sori)! :)

Hi Aine

I was bursting for a pee when I had my angio. When I came back to the day care ward, I was given a bottle (easier for a bloke!) and I thought I wasn't going to stop! I had to remove the bottle from the bed very, very carefully as it was nearly overflowing.

You're right Aine, you can't beat a good pee when you're desperate. :lol: :lol:

I think this topic is rapidly going down the toilet! :lol:

Regards

Keith

I'm just really glad with the angio that they warned me it would feel like I had wet myself - otherwise I really would have thought I had!

No two ways about it, they're not pleasant. I hate the way that one minute you're wishing the 55 medical staff all poking about in your groin area would go away, then you wish they'd come back when they all go and hide behind the x-ray shields...

Personally I didn't like the MRI scanner - I didn't realise at all how LOUD it would be!

I love MRI's and MRA's compared to angios! even with all the noise.

Was with my neuro surgeon on Wedesday, great appointment as he said 'not quite sure what you are doing here!?'

I'm getting to quite like him, a bit of a jester I think as he can never answer a question of mine whithout somehow making it sound funny! When I asked him to tell me where exactly the remaining annies are he said " oh, they're all over the place!" and in reply to the question about sizes "different sizes, different shapes" Informative, huh?

Not quite sure if I should hug him or hang him!!!! :? :?

At least the good news is the next scans are MRA's and not angios, so I'm one very happy bunny.

I only partially remember the first angio, for obvious reasons. The second one was horrid, I hate that spin effect that makes you want to honk! Unfortunately for me they were fishing around in there for an hour as they had lots to look at!!

The third angio was much better as it was renal so no nasty spins, although what was supposed to be a 20 min procedure turned into 3 hrs of more coiling! Bit boring but at least they let me keep my glasses so I could watch the screens!

So as you can see I'm very happy when they say MRI!! :lol:

Vic x

Thanks Vic

Now i'm having a more realistic idea. It does feel abit like they're playing operate by numbers!! it is a bit of a cliche but when you hear "Mmmmmm now what have we got here" it doesn't help!!! :lol:

Aine xox

Don't worry,

I'm sure your next Angio will go really smoothly and once it's over hopefully for you that will be that. So try not to stress too much. I'm sure they know what they're doing really :lol::lol:

Vic x