How Does The Cold Weather Affect Your Head ?

Hi Everyone

I noticed last week when we had the dreaded Northerly wind that my head tends to start to tingle and if I'm out in it too long I have quite a bad headache.

Just wondered if its because my annie was clipped and its the op site or if anyone of you with coilings find that you suffer similar symptoms.

Look forward to your responses

Janet x

Thanks Louise

Even though I thought it might improve with time its helpful to know that its probably permanent. Anyway gives me the perfect excuse to buy some nice new hats.

I used to love wearing flat caps and berets when I was a lot younger but somehow got out of the habit. My woolly hat I bought just after the op was the first I'd worn for years.

Karen like you I find the woolly hats too hot unless its really cold but I have treated myself to a couple of caps so hopefully they wont make me feel as hot as the woolly hats sometimes do.

Janet x

Hi Joan

I like ear muffs but can't stand the pressure against my left ear now the headset I have to wear at work is just about bearable. I used to own a pink fluffy set of ear muffs they were great but not the best fashion accessory but cosy.

Janet x

Karen I can't sleep on the right side at all since the op. If I do roll on to that side it wakes me up and my head hurts more the next day.

I don't get tinnitus but I often have popping sensations in both ears also find that if there is to much background noise I can't concentrate or hear as well.

Janet x

Hi there

I used to not be able to sleep on the right side after the op it would wake me up if I rolled over now years later I find I can sleep on that side for a while, I wear my hair short & when its starting to get a bit thick over the scaring I find it harder to sleep on that side.

Dont know if that is making sense or not.

Take care

Louise.xxx

Yes it does, Louise; I guess the hair increases the sensitivity the same way if you stroke (nice) or yank (not nice) your hair...

Found this webite called The Daily Candy that featured a really neat little knitted cap; it is in the US so will have to track it down when I am in NY.

Joanxx