emotions

Guest kaj

As you have all read, it has been three months and a week since my mom's SAH. Yesterday, she was reading a card from a friend of mine. She got tears in her eyes and said "HOw sweet" This is the first time that she has shown any emotion. She has laughed and smiled at my kids but never shown any other kind of emotion. Is this an encouraging sign???? Has anyone had this experience themselves or with a loved one and then saw more improvements??? I was just wondering. We thought of it as a good sign.

Kim :?:

While no expert, I think that anything that shows connection with the world is probably a good thing. It is great that your mom has so much love and support from her family. Even if she doesn't articulate it, I know from personal experience she will feel it and it does help. You are doing a great job. Joanxx

Thanks Joan. We are hanging in there. Today she had problems again recalling the calendar. She still doesn't know what month it is or what year. Hopefully, she will understand that soon. Thanks for your support.

Kim

Hi there

Yes not an expert just having been there, have to say I'm far more emotional now than before, but my emotions were up one day & down the next in the begining just like everything it all takes time.

You are doing a great job, but look after 'yourself'

Take care

Louise.x

Hey there

Yep my emotions were all over the place too - I couldn't listen to certain songs without crying and things on the TV that wouldn't normally have bothered me really got to me. Think it's a natural reaction to something so severe - so it's promising that she's showing emotion.

Fingers crossed that she continues to improve.

Sami xxx

Thanks for your thoughts on the emotions. Were any of you still very confused more than 3 months out. She has days were she can put a 24 piece puzzle together and the next day she puts the puzzle piece in her milk. Is this common??? Thanks again for your replies and support.

Have a nice week,

Kim

Apparently I still get confused now, 12 months on!!! Not very much though, only when v. tired so don't worry. My emotions were also all over the place, it was very much like when pregnant with pretty much anything setting me off in floods of tears. It will all pass and become much more acceptable.

Sarah x

Hiya

Just wanted to say that, after nearly three years, I still get confused if I am tired, or bombarded with too much. Most of the time though, I'm fine :)

I think everyone progresses at their own rate, and recovery means a different thing to different people. Plus I think it is one of those things where recovery is and up and down thing - some days you're steps ahead, other days you're miles behind.

I would say try and take each day as it comes, and don't forget to look after you as well.

Take care, and lots of luck, Blondie