Hi Everyone..... From Jane

Guest janey

Hi my name is Jane. Firstly I would to thank Karen for her kindness and patience in posting this for me. x I had my First SAH in Sept 2002, rupture of a basilar tip aneurysm. It started with a headache and a droopy eye.Over a period of seven days I went to to doctor everday for a Bp check, but they had no idea what was wrong with me. On the seventh day, I decided i couldn,t be bothered to drive to the doctors at nine in the morning, so rang to say I would come at lunchtime. I was being lazy, they told me to be prepared to go to hospital for some tests. So, I rang my daughter and mother to tell them. My mother was on the phone so left a message for her to call me. I went to sit on the settee to await her call and collapsed. I heard the phone ring but couldn't move, somehow I managed to locate the phone and slide it towards me and then press 999. This was how they found me, unconscious on the floor. I was taken to the local hospital and then to the nearest main city hospital in Coventry. From there I was flown by air ambulance to Newcastle, where the aneurysm was coiled. I was unconscious for 4 days and awoke with double vision and memory problems. My family had been told that it was unlikely that I would make it, but I did to tell the tale. The second SAH occurred in Dublin on New years eve 2004. or I should say the early hours of new years day 2005. Again i collapsed and was taken to a local hospital and then transferred to Beaumont a hospital that has a neurosurgical dept in Dublin. They recoiled the previous basilar aneurysm and then found the one behind my eye, that has just been surgically wrapped. This was my question, any other wrappers out there?? jane

Hi Jane

Welcome to the site its a great place and everyone is really friendly. I can't help with advice about your procedure as my aneurysm was clipped.

I did have double vision for a couple of months after my SAH but fortunately it corrected itself and I think most of us suffer with short term memory problems mine is worse if I'm tired.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Janet x

Hi Jane

Welcome to the site nice to hear from you, I cant help on the question about your procedure, but I do have short term memory loss which over the years people think its not as bad now, its not that I have learned to compensate that's all. :roll:

Hope to hear from you soon

Louise.x

Hi Jane

Welcome to the site and the family.

Like the others I can't help re the wrapping - I was coiled.

I'm really sorry that you had to go through an SAH twice tho - but at least you're here to tell us about it.

I know it sounds noesy but would you be able to post your story at some point? (age, circumstances, what you were doing when the SAH happened etc) It just helps when we have a bit of background.

We're all really friendly here and try to help as much as we can.

Take care and hope to hear from you soon.

Sami xxxx