Sea Kelp

Hi Everyone

Just bought some Sea Kelp after discussing it with the Pharmacist apparently no known side effects if taking it with Amitrytiline. It works on balancing out the thyroid function which in turn may increase the metabolism.

Will keep you all posted if it does manage to kick start my metabolism as my has been zero since SAH and exercise and healthy eating isn't working on its own.

Janet x

• 3 years later...

I just spotted this thread when browsing, hope it is OK to resurrect it :-D

I bought some Sea Kelp tablets from Holland & Barret this week because my friend said after taking them on the recommendation of her hairdresser, her hair was in much better condition. Now mine is growing back I want to do anything possible to help it.

Speeding up my metabolism would be a very welcome side effect. Has anyone else tried it and had any hair or weight related success?!:wink:

Thanks for that Karen, a very interesting read.

I feel I am packing on weight at a lb a minute and it can't just be from not walking miles and miles every week but although I will try and remember to mention this to my GP I sometimes feel like a hypochondriac whenever I do:crazy:

Hi Fiona,

Yes I know what you mean about feeling like a hypochondriac! My hormones were all over the place for the first three months and my periods stopped completely .... it's amazing what the brain controls! However, my GP did a complete range of blood tests to rule out any deficiencies, like thyroid and was also found to be iron (folate) and calcium deficient. Would be worth mentioning it to your GP just to rule out any other cause.

Hope you get some joy! xx

I feel the same way about going to the GP with a list of things. My next check in is Thursday and my list is long. I feel like I'm being overly sensitive to every little squeak in my body when prior to my SAH I often ignored symptoms for MONTHS until they just went away.

I've never tried sea kelp. Definitely talk to your doctor too.

Sandi K.

I remember saying to my GP, because i went in with lists of things, bet you think im a hypochondriac, but he said hardly after want you have been through. He made me feel better and did a full blood works on me. He to said now we will take more notice of things because what happened to us. So go with your lists and ask for full blood works, even if it is just to put our minds at rest.