Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak

Guest Shiree

Guest Shiree

Hi guys,

Has anyone suffered from a csf leak after their surgery? I have had a couple of times a a small amount of water(??) come out of my nose. Not consistant at all, but just wondered if anyone had this? I am probably being a drama queen but after the SAH tend to imagine the worst case senario....

Guest Shiree

Thanks Tina

It has only happened twice in five months....just being paranoid hopefully. (fill this space with lots of swear words) SAH!!!!

"hugs"

Shiree

Hi Shiree I would go to your dr but yes I do remember it happening to me a bit and what I also noticed was blue stuff I thought it may be the dye or something oh well never mind I am still here. Jess.xxx

Hi Shiree

I have had this but not post-SAH, it was post the birth of my daughter. I had a spinal immediately after the birth as the placenta didn't come away. The spot where the needle went in didn't heal so the spinal fluid leaked out. I didn't know this at the time, just got the most terrible headache (yes, again!) and couldn't lift my head off the pillow - this happened quite slowly, over three or four days - so I'm guessing that you'd be feeling a lot more in pain if that's what it is. To put it right they just took some blood from my hip and injected it into the original hole. Obviously this is only my experience and I'm not a doctor so can't say for sure.......

Sasbo xx