First trip out

Today will be our first full day out to London after my husbands SAH which he had 20th September.  Usually wouldn’t bother me at all but worry if he will be okay with a full day.  Going up on the train and told him if he feels tired etc to tell me other than keep it to himself.  It’s my birthday treat.  He’s been far better at work and also during the day but he has fallen asleep early in the evenings x

Hi firstly I would like to say have a wonderful day celebrating. Secondly I’ll just say take it slow! 

Its not just the physical stress but the mental exhaustion the day will cause. I know my first days out wiped me out for a day or so, so be prepared for that. It’s all the colours lights and new sights the brain has to process that causes problems. 

Im sure he will be fine and it sounds like you are sensitive to his needs. 

Have a great day but prepare to do nothing tomorrow ?

Clare xx

We had a good day didn’t stay too long, had lunch and then more or less travelled straight home as it was far too cold.  He had a sleep one the train on the way home.  Little steps at a time.  Think we’ve decided between us to cancel our trip in May to Barbados and go on a short haul trip to celebrate his 60th and our daughter is very pleased with our decision as she worries and thinks a long haul,would be better in 12 months time x

I agree with Daughter as my Hubby said now you are well we can go to Spain and I told him I was not ready to go !!.

He got humpy lol but realised a wheelchair and Spain do not go plus if anything happened out there !!  Just saying how I felt, not to say later on I'll be fine  xxx  arghhhhhh lol xxx

Glad your Day was okay xx  Keep smiling both of you xxxx

Archived