Long term neck aches

I had my SAH 10 years ago in September 2007, age 43 (while salsa dancing in Worthing, Sussex - no head injury or prior warning, it just happened on the dancefloor). 

Could I put my neck sensitivities - sore, aching neck but not all the time, down to this bearing in mind it happened so long ago?

Does anyone experience similar issues a long time on from the 'event'?

Also, could my difficulty in concentrating when in a busy or even slightly distracting environment be down to my SAH too?

I get a grinding in the top of my spine but I am an oldie,  I sometimes get a needle feeling in my back, and a sharp and shooting pain.

I told my Doc but he didn't seem concerned.  Thought they had left a needle in, when it first happened !!

If you get an answer let me know !! xx

Good luck 

Win xx xx xx 

Hi Hellsbells, I would definitely notice when your neck pain is worse, maybe check old pillows or Look at screen time which can be a causal factor and then get a medical view if it’s still not improving.

my neck was stiff post SAH for a good while but now when it is I put it down to the stresses of the day and I give myself a gentle neck and shoulder massage before sleeping with an oil I like. It helps me sleep and relax.

as for your other question I would say that yes it is quite likely that the ability to concentrate when there are lots of cognitive demands and competing noises around you can be as a result of the SAH. Again post mine I had to wear ear plugs and sunglasses a lot of the time to help me block some of that out, now rarely I do but they are always in my bag ready to help me dial things down if I need to. 

I thought I'd never get used to my lump and shunt tubes, but you treat them now as a pal who is stopping you from going into Dreamland again.

Any pains double check with Doc as it will put your mind at ease and no stress !! As I always say lol xxx

Archived