Exercises

I have already lost 10lbs since January through sensible eating and I feel that I can do even better if some form of exercise is introduced in my diet.

The main problem is that after doing any short form of any exercises I get extremely tired, the dizziness gets worse and the balance and the nausea to the point where I have actually vomitted. I tried walking but with my weak leg I find it difficult.

I have bought a wii fit but that causes so much tiredness too. I love to go swimming but I can't swim.

Before the SAH I used to go to the gym and used the power plate but I will be too scared to use that now because of the other aneurysm.

I know some of you go to the gym, any tips that you can give to help me get myself motivated to exercise and reach my ideal weight.

Myra xx

Hi Myra the best person to ask would be your ns, I was running for buses and alsorts with my aneurysm in my head just 4wks after the op on the ruptured one however I would ask your ns when it comes to exercising regularly. Jess.xxx

Hope you get to find some you can do.

I go to water aerobics with my local stroke support group. It is geared up to people who have had all types of strokes. I find I can do just about all of the exercises because the water will hold me up and my balance on dry land is so bad that I fall over regularly.

Something like this you may be able to do.

Hi

I am currently on an exercise programme for a spinal/muscular problem at my local hospital. I am supposed to go today but have cancelled as I have recently been to Jersey and did a lot of walking and as a result I feel very low and have headaches so I am going to seek advice from my GP. I've literally rested for the last 2 days and feel better. As I am still waiting for recoiling I feel I should seek advice before continuing. My physio says it OK but I'd feel more reassured when I have discussed it with my GP.

Cheers

John