Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello!

By registering with us, you'll be able to view our forums in full as well as discuss, share and private message other members of Behind The Gray. Why not join us now?
Sign in to follow this  
Doonhamer

TIA today

Didn’t expect this. I’m waiting for a diagnosis, but this appeared to be a TIA, following CT scan.

I was doing some painting and had to stop due to blurred vision and the side of my face and arm were numb. Bad talking - I put it down to terror.  Within half an hour I felt ok, but at least in hospital getting checked out.

Huh, the celebration of my SAH birthday! Is there any connection? I will need to ask them to look.

Hope you are ok. The thing with tia is sometimes nothing is on the mri or ct scan. But you still need close follow up and may be meds. Goodluck

• Like 1

Thanks. They think there is a TIA on the initial scan and are going to do more testing tomorrow.

Someone mentioned me staying on meds for the rest of my life.

PHEW! It’s not! It’s a migraine!

I think the CT scan was read wrongly that night, just the old stuff from last year.

The consultant asked lots of questions and concluded with a migraine. I’ve had plenty migraines with aura in the past, but nothing like this: unbalanced vision, can’t speak, numbness down my face & side.  This can also be a migraine! 

• Like 1

That's very good news! Some types of migraine are pretty horrible. Thankfully, I only get the classic one with the warning aura and that's bad enough and it probably takes me a good couple of days to get over it.

I've been on Propranolol for many years now and it seems to have helped reduce the frequency of my migraines. Are they treating you with any meds?

• Like 1

No, I don’t have anything. I might ask for something if I have it again, but it’s not essential. I’m so happy it’s not so scary.  

Funnily enough, I had a full day in the bed - no wonder I had so much sleep!

• Like 1

Must be such a relief for you! Take it easy for a while. 

• Like 1