TIA today

Doonhamer

Didn’t expect this. I’m waiting for a diagnosis, but this appeared to be a TIA, following CT scan.

I was doing some painting and had to stop due to blurred vision and the side of my face and arm were numb. Bad talking - I put it down to terror.  Within half an hour I felt ok, but at least in hospital getting checked out.

Huh, the celebration of my SAH birthday! Is there any connection? I will need to ask them to look.

PHEW! It’s not! It’s a migraine!

I think the CT scan was read wrongly that night, just the old stuff from last year.

The consultant asked lots of questions and concluded with a migraine. I’ve had plenty migraines with aura in the past, but nothing like this: unbalanced vision, can’t speak, numbness down my face & side.  This can also be a migraine! 

That's very good news! Some types of migraine are pretty horrible. Thankfully, I only get the classic one with the warning aura and that's bad enough and it probably takes me a good couple of days to get over it.

I've been on Propranolol for many years now and it seems to have helped reduce the frequency of my migraines. Are they treating you with any meds?

Archived