Full feeling in head

Hello, everyone,  I am grateful to be part of this site!  My 3-aneuryism SAH recovery is going well and I hope it will be so for all of you reading this.

My chief complaint is an unexplained (to me) feeling that my head is full of water or jellow - my voice echoes, I feel unsteady and have trouble forming my words. 

I can't tie the occurrences to any particular situation, nor can I do so when it resolves.  The occurrences only happen when I am awake and can last anywhere from an hour to all day.  Has anyone else experienced this? 

Due to the pandemic, I can't get to my doctor and this issue is becoming more and more concerning.

Thank you in advance to anyone who has a similar experience or comment!

Hi Alexis, it sounds like the after effects of your bleed. Can you tell us more about your event, when it happened and what procedures you had. Maybe then someone with a similar experience will be able to comment.

I often had problems forming words post bleed - still do 5 years later - it is a common after effect. I have not had the 'full of water' feeling though I did often feel very unsteady . That has not gone away and I am not good when trying to negotiate narrow or precarious walkways.

You should still be able to get hold of a doctor during Covid-19, they usually just do telephone consultations - try speaking to them.

Take good care 

Clare xx

I still get a feeling in my head like it's full a balloon or something being blown up 18  years later but check with your dr dont worry and drink plenty of water and rest xxx

Thank you for this info, Jess.  Since you've been dealing with it for 18 years, that helps relieve some of my anxiety.  Thanks to your advice and that of another poster, I'm going to step up water drinking, rest more, and focus on blessings!  Thanks for sharing your thoughts and the family photo - VERY encouraging.  Best of luck to you all!

You need to check with your Dr still though just to be sure xxx

That family photo I had both children after my sah the one is now 16 the other 12 so you can still live a normal life xxx

Good morning, Jess!  THANK YOU!  I am so happy for you and your family.  Thank you for sharing this; my daughter is still looking forward to starting her family (and hoping I'll be around to be the grandmother), so this is very encouraging for both of us - and, again, I am SO happy for you!  Best wishes to all of you.  alexis

Hi there

Keep well hydrated, give your Doctor a call (I know you said you cant visit with Covid19) but call and speak to someone about it they're doing more phone consoltations anyway..

Echo voice I get this when my ears are full for me since the SAH I produce too much ear wax and it builds up...

Take care, stay-safe.

Archived