SAH Research

Just out of curiosity I googled the above in UK only and was amazed just how little there is. There are lots of pages relating to SAH but little research into causes and outcomes. Worldwide the results are not much better.

It is almost as if it happens and then forgotten about.

hi penny

you are right which is a shame but sah are hidden untill they pop up so to speak one thing i have found out is that sah are mostly genetic fault within the brain and it only needs the blood presure to go up high enough before the blood vessel gives way over a period of time the blood vessel becomes weaker or enlarged due to blood presure going up then lowering like blowing up a ballon then letting it down i know there are certain areas which are more prone to enlarge and rupture and if we look on here when yyou look at what area is involved do you get a clearer view

as for the outcome that ranges from minor after effects to major if not death and the one thing that stands out is the lack of understanding the complexities of the effect is has on people who suffer which the drs do not understand they just stick it under the stroke umberella which is wrong i will do some more research and come back to you

There is actually very little medical research done. We are being swept under the carpet so to speak. Consultants just seem not to believe that it can leave you with disabilities and are always quick to blame something else especially if you have other medical conditions. I was told it was my medication causing the problems and to get them looked at by cardio, funny that I have been taking the same for years prior to my SAH and had no problems.

As for BP mine is genetically low, the only thing I can think of that will have raised it above my norm was that I was assaulted at work and hit on the head with a flying object. I was so angry my BP must have gone sky high and of course if I had a genetic aneurism that may have caused it to pop. Not saying that it wouldn't have burst anyway in time. I do believe that the incident led to it bursting.

Hi there Penny yes it probably was due to the bang on your head that caused it to pop anything like that can cause them to go apparently. You never can find much about them though I think it is all brushed under the carpet too. Jess.xxx