Recurrence of bleed

Hi everyone.

I had a SAH 2015 (coiling)and have had regular mri/ma scans,but on my recent scan in July, the report back from neuroscience dept says that I now have a recurrence of the bleed,but nothing else was mentioned in the letter and God knows how long I now need to wait until a decision is made on how it will be dealt with.

Has anyone had a similar experience.

I am now 63 years old and was medically retired after working since I was 15 because I failed a cognitive assessment by employer even though I knew something was wrong as I have difficulty processing anything that's written such as books,newspapers etc,so now I listen to music most of the time and few other things since my original operation.

Thank you in advance .

• Like 4

Hi there welcome to the group Davie xxx

Try not to worry as at least they know something has changed xxx

I couldn't read for years after the bleed i couldn't remember what I was reading but I can again now xxx

Speak to your drs and ask them what the letter means what is going to be done and when it will be xxx

Hope everything goes well xxx 

• Like 4

Hi Jess

Thank you for replying,yeah I should ask my GP, with regards to reading,it's been 6 years now and still no better,I do things like scrabble,but due to having to concentrate for a period of time then that's when the headaches and nausea begins ,it's like a vicious circle but physically I'm fine,and I never forget I'm a lucky one.

Take care.

• Like 5

Hi David,

I also love playing scrabble! I play Words with Friends on my iphone which is almost exactly the same just handier. 

I agree with Jess ask your GP asap. I'm surprised they have not called you for a follow-up. I am from Canada so I'm unsure how your healthcare works there. 

I had my first SAH December of 2010 which I have fully recovered from but had another one July 2020. I was told it is very uncommon but then again I have another aneurysm that will be clipped this September. I do not want to alarm you though. Unfortunately, this things just happen. 

I do hope you receive answers soon. Stay safe!

• Like 2

Hi David,

I hope you have had some clarification from your doctor/consultant and are feeling more reassured.  
After several years of scans monitoring of my previously ruptured and coiled aneurysm where I suffered a SAH, they had recently referred to my aneurysm as ‘recurring’ - meaning in my case it had started filling with blood and was up to 30% due to the coils compacting. I have just undergone further treatment for the recurring aneurysm and am relieved to be back and recovering. But some people just have monitoring and no further treatment needed. 

I’m not sure if this is the case with you, that’s the aneurysm that has recurred, as they put it, as you may have experienced symptoms of a second bleed if it was the bleed that had recurred, and would have probably required urgent attention if this was the case, but is always better to clarify something like this as I can only share my own experience. 

I completely get the not being able to read and retain although that is improving all the time, however I am still very sensitive to noise so music is out for me! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dawny said:

Hi David,

I hope you have had some clarification from your doctor/consultant and are feeling more reassured.  
After several years of scans monitoring of my previously ruptured and coiled aneurysm where I suffered a SAH, they had recently referred to my aneurysm as ‘recurring’ - meaning in my case it had started filling with blood and was up to 30% due to the coils compacting. I have just undergone further treatment for the recurring aneurysm and am relieved to be back and recovering. But some people just have monitoring and no further treatment needed. 

I’m not sure if this is the case with you, that’s the aneurysm that has recurred, as they put it, as you may have experienced symptoms of a second bleed if it was the bleed that had recurred, and would have probably required urgent attention if this was the case, but is always better to clarify something like this as I can only share my own experience. 

I completely get the not being able to read and retain although that is improving all the time, however I am still very sensitive to noise so music is out for me! 

Many thanks for your words and it makes sense now. I have had recurring severe headaches and nausea now for around 6 months but didn't think anything about it until I received notification from neurologist, still waiting on my GP getting back to me.

As for reading and processing I definitely struggle. I love listening to music but only on my level, but don't like noisy pubs etc or noisy grandkids in the house and I get angry with myself when I shout at them to keep the noise down, they are too young to understand really.

Take care.

• Like 3