Healthy and Fit

Guest spiceyrice

Guest spiceyrice

Hi my name is Jackie and I had my aneurysm on March 11 1995. It came completely out of the blue - we had recently moved into our first mortgaged home. I was married with 2 young children aged 12 and 8. I was relatively young - just 31 and I was mopping my kitchen floor - when it happened - the worse pain imaginable - worse than childbirth. I then began had the runs and was vomiting. I asked my husband to ring an ambulance - it came quickly and I had a fit as I was being taken outside. In hospital after a scan - and being seen by a neurologist- i was told what it was. I was operated on the following Saturday clips/patches - and I have to say afterwards I was totally nuts - I can laugh about now - but until you experience it - you cannot explain it. It takes years to get your memory back. Before it happened I was a Registered Childminder - afterwards I did not want to do this.

As I became better - I challenged myself to do loads of small courses- to prove to myself I could still do it. I also managed to pass my driving test - but it did take 3 years of lessons. I now work full time as an adviser for a local Disability Charity - I think this support group is a great idea and one thing I have realised is your family suffer more than you do - my husband was Fab

Yours Jackie

Hi Jackie and welcome yes the site is excellent lots of support and answers to questions, and i had alot of those, my wife had her sah very suddenly and it was the most frightening time of my life, but eight months on she's getting there,and you sound as though you are doing very well, i think you're right it affects the whole family and it's something we all have to come through together, so good luck to you and your family. Rod

Hi Jackie

A warm welcome to the group and thank-you for telling us a bit about yourself. It is always good to hear from people who have lived with the after effects of SAH for many years and been able to adapt and continue to learn and achieve new goals. You will certainly be an inspiration to many of us myself included who maybe lack some confidence to try new things or challenges.

Look forward to hearing more from you for myself personally how you coped with the reading and retention of information for your courses. I'm having trouble just comprehending let alone understanding my old text books :oops:

Hi Jackie

Welcome to BTG, well done on your courses, I use to do so many courses before my SAH but unfortunately not now I get tired so quickly, it's great to see someone who had a SAH a while ago and is doing well, it gives us hope.

Take care and I hope to hear from you soon.