Hi all hope your all doing well?

Can I ask who gets enhance rate for care and as capacity of there money because my pip goes into my sisters bank . She say if it goes in my bank and I don't have a appointee,  my care will get cut or even stopped, but I still need help with food getting washed and dressed xx

These are this year's rates

https://www.gov.uk/pip/how-much-youll-get

Andrea, do you control your own finances?

If so, there is nothing to stop your allowance being paid into your bank account.

Your care allowance would not stop if it was paid into your bank. I would change the bank into which your allowance is paid to your own account by contacting the DWP asap.

Yes I do. I pay all my bills and everything. I did phone pip and they wouldn't talk to me because she is my appointee because when I first had the bleed she claimed it for me.  I didn't know what day is was and now she won't put it in my name or bank. I have never seen a pip letter since I got it x

The easiest option would be to ask her to transfer the money to your account when she receives it then you have it to pay for any help you need. Would she do that?

Does anyone claim carer's allowance to look after you?

I am busy this morning, but I will look into how to get the appointee removed later. Do not despair.

Andrea, just had a quick look and found this on Scope.

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/removing-an-appointee/?gclid=CjwKCAjw2OiaBhBSEiwAh2ZSPx8FjElY7b_UUDAlci-ur7FMbgNJmXtn2ZGOIsluGeYXylelIG2UaxoCb1wQAvD_BwE

It is not strictly true that PIP will be stopped, the advice above says may be paused.

If you had control of the payment you could use it to pay a carer or top up carers allowance for anyone who claims it, help with anything you used to do and are unable to do now.

Hope that helps.

Please come back and let us know how you get on, there may be others in the same situation which your experience could help.

• Like 3

Evening Everyone,

I have had Andrea on the phone this evening she has asked me to put this question out there, so here goes.

Andrea's sister has told her that she has power of attorney over Andrea. Andrea is wondering, can that be done without her consent, if it has been done, does anyone know how Andrea would go about having power of attorney removed.

She will need legal advice on that one. Tell her to contact a solicitor who can give 30 mins free advice.

Andrea should have some paperwork about it. I have POA for myself so the appointed person can take over my finances and health and wellbeing should I not be capable of it myself and I have the paperwork.

As to the question, can it be done without her consent, yes it can but it is very expensive to get POA that way. The only way to get POA in that case is if the person does not have the mental capacity to make decisions.

Thank you Super Mario,

Andrea did say she was planning to seek advice from a solicitor, her sister who is at present her appointed person for her PIP.  Andrea seems to be struggling to get her to realise that she has improved to a point where she is now able to look after her own finances with the help of her 20 year old daughter, her sister is a bit reluctant to hand responsibility back to her.

As for the POA she has told Andrea that she has total control over everything to do with her,  she also will not hand PIP paperwork over to Andrea, when Andrea rang PIP they wouldn't speak to her because her sister was her appointed person, she was really just wanting some information on how she can change that, they would not entertain speaking to her.

Bless her, she has been in a terrible state.

Thanks for the information Super, I really appreciate it and will pass it on to Andrea today.

Michelle, Andrea needs to seek advice sooner rather than later, either Solicitor or going into a CAB (citizen advice centre) but really not waiting.  Isnt this fraud of some sort...

Can I ask are the Two Andrea's the same or is it just coinsidance...