help

hi all,

well i am pregnant with my second child and my last. however i was at work yesterday and i heard a loud click in my head and i went so dizzy just like i was on the day i collapsede no pain just feeling sick it only lasted about a minute but felt like an hour was itr the clip moving, was it an artery, was it a trapped nerve in my neck like my mom thinks, or was it an ear infection as i did hear little clicks in my ear all the way home from work last night. i can't help but panic even though it's been a few years ago and i know stress is no good for the baby or me in fact anyway any advice or anything would be much appreciated. jess

Hi Jess,

Welcome and congratulations on your pregnancy. When's the baby due?

Can I ask how old you are and do you live in the UK?

I think that if we are all honest, we all worry about the strange pains in our head, pressure feelings/ringing in the ears etc. I don't think that it takes much to kick off those feelings of panic again and it's the anxiety itself that makes things worse, as we send our blood pressure up also.

I personally think that you should go and see your Doctor/Midwife, get yourself checked out, just to make sure that your BP is okay, especially if you've collapsed. More than likely it's just one of those unexplained incidents that us SAH'ers get from time to time.....even if you hadn't had the SAH, just being pregnant by itself and collapsing, is sufficient reason to take a trip to the Doc's....at least it would put your mind at ease.

When I was pregnant (many moon's ago, pre SAH!) I often suffered from low blood pressure on standing and felt as though I would faint unless I sat down, as my eyes would start to black out. That's scary in itself, without the knowledge of having a SAH in your past.

Are you getting any extra help with your pregnancy......such as relaxation etc or able to talk to anybody about your fears?

Well Jess, you are our first "Mum to be" on the board! I often look at the Different Strokes website and I'm pretty sure that there was a lady that was posting about her pregnancy, if you fancy taking a look. (there's a link on our homepage to the site)

Any support you need, you will find it here, any time you want to talk etc. There's some good guys on this site.

Take care and keep well,

Hope that you go to see the Doc.......

Catch you later,

Love Karen x

Hey there

Congrats on the baby news. Hope all is going well.

I get scared now when I hear a clicking but its the same noise if I blink quite hard too - until I get the same pain that I did when I felt it pop - which is what is was for me - I felt it pop more than heard it. If you're worried then you must get it checked out, especially as your pregnant.

TTFN

Sami xxx

hi thanks for your responses i didn't actually collapse what i meant was i felt like i would of done if i hadf of been standing thankyou all so much and i have been to the docs he took three tubes of blood to check i will let you know the results. jess.

Jess, you're so young for this to have happened to you. I can see now that I misread your post re: collapse......put it down to brain damage, it happens a lot with me!!

Glad that you went to the Docs though....good luck with the blood tests, hopefully it's just one of those unexplained things that happens now and again.

I wasn't sure whether you lived in the UK or whether you were in the US like quite a few of our members.........their health care system is completely different to ours and that's why I asked.

Hope that you're feeling better today and try not to stress too much....probably easier said than done!

Keep in touch and let us know how you're going.

Love Karen x

• 1 month later...

hi everyone my results were fine i am nearly 12 weeks pregnant the baby is due 17th sept me and my mom get it to the 8th sept but if it is the 8th i am praying i have it on the 7th as that is the 5th year since sah as a constant reminder life does go on after sah. mind you i feel blessed every birthday my little boys birthday and xmas as i realise how lucky i am to still be here. jess.

Hi Jess,

That's great news that all is well.....so pleased for you and must be a whole load off your mind... :D

My daughter was born on the 8th September.....it seems like many moons ago now! :lol:

Take it easy and anytime you want to talk, you know where we are....

Hi Jess

Thats brilliant news. Hope the rest of pregnancy is plain sailing. I had an easy pregnancy and birth (many many moons pre SAH) but I wouldn't wanna go through it again! I hate pain (and I have four tatoos???)

TTFN

Sami xxx

• 4 months later...

HELLO AGAIN EVERYBODY. WELL MY PREGNANCY IS GOING FINE SORRY I HAVE NOT BEEN ON HERE JUST FOUND MY POSTING DIDN'T KNOW I HAD JOINED MY MEMORY STILL PLAYS TRICKS ON ME. WELL I AM 30 OR 31 WEEKS PREGNANT I HAD TO GO TO HOSPITAL FOR A CHECK ON DIABETES IT'S CLEAR I KNEW IT WOULD BE. I ALSO HAVE LOW IRON AND LOW BP GREAT AIN'T IT. WELL I HOPE EVERYONE HERE IS GOOD TOO. JESS.

Hi Jess,

haven't spoken to you before but hey, glad your pregnancy is going well, where do you live in the West Midlands? I am from the Black country area, Stourbridge, near Dudley.

Someday soon, (weather permitting) we are going to meet up at the Copthorne Hotel in Merry Hill with Sami and Paul and maybe Sarah and Fiona. Would u be up for that

Let me know, we did have a date a few weeks ago but the whole country seemed to be flooded, so we postponed for a while!!

Hope you are keeping well,

love Suexx