Anyone know if induction stovetops are a problem for those of us who have a coil due to the SAH?

I heard it's a problem for people with pacemakers so I am concerned that a coil might cause a problem. Anyone know about this?  Anyone have an induction stovetop and find that it's all okay?

Thanks for replying. I did ask 2 doctors. One said no research done , the other said it's fine. Just thought I would put it out there to hear if anyone has induction.  Thanks

• Like 1

I  hope  this helps

Induction hobs and pacemaker risk - BHF

Pacemakers are small electrical devices that regulate electrical activity in the heart. Anything that produces a strong electromagnetic field can interfere with a pacemaker.

Induction hobs do generate electromagnetic fields, so keep a distance of at least 60cm (2ft) between the stovetop and your pacemaker. Most people should be able to use a hob if they follow these precautions, but if you are choosing a new cooker, it may be easier to pick one that is not an induction hob.

source--BRITIH HEART FOUNDATION---HEART MATTERS/MEDICAL

• Thanks 1

I have had an induction hob for many years and a coiled aneurysm.

Coiling is carried out using Platinum which isn't magnetic.

You're able to go into a MRI/MRA scanner with Platinum coils and these scanners have extremely powerful magnets that produce the images for the brain/blood vessels/arteries etc. I've had many of these scans post coiling and all okay.

I wouldn't worry about an induction hob causing you any problems. If you can go into a MRI/MRA scanner with all of it's magnetic power, you'll honestly be fine. x

https://www.brainandspine.org.uk/health-information/fact-sheets/coiling-of-brain-aneurysms/#:~:text=The coils are made of,several coils will be used.

• 2 weeks later...