My review, good & bad news

Well had my review with the registrar, good news is that my 3rd nreve pasly isn't total nay moer & my eye no moves from side to side instead of being over to the right, also having some single vision when looking over to the right. I am mostly headache free & only occasionally need painkillers. I saw my angio pics & the aanny was on the right posterier communicating nerve which runs over the 3rd nerve to the eye.I was also told that my eye was clipped with 2 clips as the first one didn't occlude it completley, the anny was then aspirated of the blood so this is probably why the pain had gone after the clippping.

The bad news is that I possibly have a mirror image anny on my left side, I remmeber the Cons saying the left side didn't look great but blanked it out I guess. They neeed to look at my angio again & depending on what Mr Sparrow thinks I have to ahve another angio in 3 months & possibly an elective coiling or clipping if it's needed. to say I am gutted is an understatement but they tell me it should only be 1-2 days in hospital & the side effects should be minimal as it's a preventative measure not emergency surgery.I shoud hear somehing next week hopefully & Cons is going to consider me driving & possibly write to my GP if he is happy for me to drive again.

Edited by bagpuss

Hi Gill :) good news/bad news xx hope that you hear whats going to happen very soon...what a worry for you :frown: but at least they are on the case. Fingers crossed all will be ok and you can drive again .Take care love Tina xx

Maggie I feel anythign but brave, am absolutely terrified if the truth be known! Scared about going through another major op & not coming out of it as well as I have with the clipping:crazy: The registrar was very blase about it all but having shares a ward with coiled patients I know it's no walk in the park!

Edited by bagpuss

Gill

Sorry to hear you had bad as well as good news at your review.

I would have thought it is tougher to recover from clipping rather than coiling due to the more invasive nature of the operation.

I am sure they will fully assess the situation now it is known and then discuss your options with you. Obviously there are pros and cons to all procedures but I am sure your consultant will go through this with you.

Most of us on here have endured coiling in an emergency situation rather than an elective & preventative situation. I would have thought that there is less cons with the latter.

Hope you hear very soon exactly what needs to happen.

Take care

Kel x

Morning Gill,

Sorry it was not all good news yesterday. I realise that you have to wait to hear more which will not be easy - it sounds like you are feeling exactly the same as I did when I was in a similar situation. I hadn't discovered this website at that time so I am sure you will find the support on here invaluable. I shall keep my fingers crossed that you can drive again soon - that would be so good.

I do understand how you feel, so just give me a nudge if you think I can help in any way.

Sarah