Advice - Travel Insurance

Hi there,

I have a good day, my first real trip out after my operation, had a lovely time in the warm sunshine.

Can anyone help me with a question. I have a trip booked to Thailand on Feb 17th to be at my Son's wedding, I was wondering about insurance for me with having had a SH bleed during my second Aneurysm treatment.Maybe I might need a letter from my doctor. Would that be the person who carried out the operation or my own GP to say its ok to fly? Which it should be by then as 6 months will have gone by since having the operation.

Any advice would be great. I am finding that drinking plenty of water is helping me with my recovery.

Thanks Love Sonia xxx

Hi Sonia

We use a company called Columbus direct and they are very reasonable as D has several medical conditions apart from the SAH. I think we were quoted from some companies £1500 for trip to the US and they did it for £270 so a big difference. Just make sure you declare everything even if you think it is not necessary better be safe than sorry.

Have a good time at the wedding

poppy

Hi there i never mentioned it to my travel company as ii am covered with my bank it costs me 17.50 month but that is for lots of other things aswell and my two children are covered too. I really don't know where to get it from sorry. Hope you find some. Jess.xxx

Jess you have to tell your bank's insurance. I used to have insurance with my bank account. When they wouldn't cover me for my heart problems after they began I stopped it. Read their criteria very carefully because if you can't meet it you will not be covered for anything that may happen whilst you are away.

Be very careful with travel insurance.

Hi Sonia

You shouldn't need a letter to say you're fit to fly. Of the many questions I asked before I was discharged, one was about flying. I asked if the coils would beep and he laughed and said no! I also asked about restrictions on flying and he said as soon as I felt up to it then fine. I've flown several times, although always within the UK. But you will have to declare it to any insurers and I think there is a post somewhere on here where travel insurance was discussed and the names of companies that would supply us with insurance. Sorry but I'm about to go out and can't troll through the posts but there is a discussion about somewher on here!

Hope this helps a little.

Hi Sonia

I also used Columbus Direct when I was travelling to France 3.5 months after my SAH

It cost £63 for 1 weeks european cover for me and my husband and I declared my SAH with 6 mnthly reviews explaining I had recently been inn hospital and I also declared my husbands diabetes

I thought it was a great price for peace of mind

Di

Thanks for all the advice will be looking at the web pages of the differant insurance firms soon, I don't think I mentioned it was Thailand ,where I am going for the wedding.

Has anyone used the company that is on the headways site? Just wondered what they might be like.

Lovely afternoon, just lazing around.

Love Sonia xxx