Interested in taking part? Magazine/Newspaper article

Hi guys,

Please find the message below from features writer Sally Wilson. If you are interested in taking part, you can either e-mail Sally directly or I'm quite happy to contact Sally on your behalf and find out what's involved.

Look forward to hearing your comments...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Sally Wilson and I’m a features writer based in Edinburgh. I write for the UK’s top women’s magazines and national newspapers including Take A Break, Woman, love it!, Reveal, Pick Me Up, the Daily Mail and the Mirror on a range of issues including health.

I’d be really interested in talking to you about your individual experiences of either having brain haemorrhages or strokes or caring for those who have had them.

I’d be interested in finding out how you first coped with your diagnosis, how you found the strength to face rehabilitation and how you had to adapt your life and relationships with other people?

The publications I write for are always keen to highlight topical issues through exploring individual stories in a way which is accessible. That way, their readers can really connect with the article and if they’re in a similar situation, find help and advice through it.

In my experience of writing 'real-life' stories, people always have a reason for wanting to tell their story. It might be that they've been through a tragedy and want to help others in a similar position, or perhaps they want to raise awareness of a disease or condition.

While I have no specific project in mind at this stage, what I'd like to do is have a brief chat with anyone who's interested in sharing their story. This would also give you a chance to ask me any questions you may have. From there, if you were happy for me to do so, I’d take the idea to a magazine or newspaper to see if I could place it and to see what fee I can negotiate for you.

Magazine articles are usually written in the first person, in the interviewee’s own words.

The magazines in particular usually offer a fee to interviewees by way of thanking them for taking the time to share their stories.

If you’re interested in finding out more, please drop me an email and I can call you straight back to tell you a bit more about myself and answer your questions.

I look forward to hearing from you.

e-mail sally.wilson@blueyonder.co.uk

Hi Scott,

Sally's ringing me, so I will have a chat to her about the stories and the other stroke/brain sites and find out exactly what she needs etc. We've just been sending e-mails backwards and forwards this afternoon.....I think that she was looking to see who was interested in participating first.

Hope that you are well,

I'm still just on the OUTLINE! I'll probably bore people to tears. But it's been good for Jack too. He chimes in with things I might have forgotten (me? forget???) and also with a few things from his own perspective which I will include too.

Still catching up with work so it will be a while I'm afraid.

Hoping you sleep like a babe tonight.

xo,

annie

Good luck with writing it Annie! :)

Hope that I also sleep like a babe! Just about to put my laptop down and shut my eyes.....I have everything lined up next to me ...glass of water, painkillers, smelly aromatherapy stuff to scent my pillow, snack supply (just in case I wake and I need something to munch on if I'm still awake at 4 in the morning.. :lol: ) and a romantic novel if all else fails.....

Sweet dreams...

Hi Karen, I'm going to email Sally in a bit, sounds interesting.

Reading your bedtime line-up made me smile -sounds just like me - is being awake at 4am in the morning a common thing? My sleep pattern is all over the place. I'd like to hear about others sleep problems,as I'm still pretty new at this just 8 weeks on.

Love Suexxxxx