discharged

:frown:hi everyone,not been on for a while ,i went to see consultant in oct 2010 and he said about the brain damage at frontal lobe and that i would have a angio b4 12 months are up,but i hadnt heard anything from hospital and my 12 months was may 2011,but in the mean time i went the a and e 2 months ago with really bad headaches which freaked me out so they took my bloods and sent me for a ct scan and everything came back ok,they also sent me for a mri scan a few weeks later which came back fine.but this wasnt under my consultant. the other day i phoned the consultant and spoke to his secretary and she looked at my notes as i explained about having this angio,she told me that i had been discharged and there was no other follow up,that everything was intact and that there would not be anymore bleed from these aneurysms.my question is, i thought every 12 months you suppose to have a check up to see if everythings okay,and that if the coils settle down that you may need more ,but do these usually settle down in the first 12 months and thats why they keep an eye on you more.plese help as im getting really anxious about this. bay:confused:

Hi Bay, that does seem a little bit strange. I had angios every 6 months for 18 months. I have just passed 3 years and am having an MRI scan later this month. Perhaps you should speak to your GP, especially as you are worrying about it? I would ask if your consultant has seen the CT & MRI scans - maybe he's happy with how they look & doesn't need to look again with an angio?

Good luck

Michelle x

Edited by goldfish.girl

All I can say about it is when I left hospital after Coiling they gave me MRI ..then after shunt I had MRI ...and I saw Surgeon this year and he said to make appointment for another MRI but he didn't think I'd really need it..but to put my mind at ease.....still not had results yet

Waiting is horrid.......Becoming paranoid lol

Cheer up you will be ok

Regards

WinB143

Hi bay I will find out what I can for you if I can get hold of my surgeon also from stoke hospital don't feel to anxious as you have been checked and everything is fine. In the meantime get on to the hospital and tell them with coils you should be checked. Jess.xxx

Hi Bay

I was told initially that I would have follow up angios for 5 years after my SAH.

After I left hospital I had a 3 month follow up consultation at the outpatient department and then an angio 12 months after my SAH. I saw my neuroradiologist 3 months after this angoi and he said that all was well and that I didn't need any more angios and I was discharged. My GP has a copy of this discharge letter in my medical records. Has your GP maybe got a copy of your discharge letter? Might be an idea to make an appointment to see your GP and ask about this and explain to him that you are anxious about not having had any follow up and maybe he could contact the surgeon on your behalf for an explanation.

Try not to worry too much (I know that's not easy) but do push to get your questions answered.

Take care.

Hey there

I'm nearly five years in and have had two MRIs in that whole time (apart from the one when I had my op). I was discharged 18 months after my SAH. All I have been told by my GP is that if I start to feel unwell and feel its SAH related to go straight to A&E and they will have to take it seriously because of my history.

Hey there

I'm nearly five years in and have had two MRIs in that whole time (apart from the one when I had my op). I was discharged 18 months after my SAH. All I have been told by my GP is that if I start to feel unwell and feel its SAH related to go straight to A&E and they will have to take it seriously because of my history.

hi skippy,thanks for reassuring me,i have had about 4 mris 2 angios,and had a few cts,its just scary to know that your on yer own now,and having the headaches all the time really gets me down,but like you say if anything doesnt seem right to go to a&e,which i went a few months back because of headaches and they sent me for ct straight away.im glad im on here,its so reassuring. thanks everyone x

Hey Bay

No worries - I know what a double edged sword being discharged can be - its great cos they're obviously happy with everything but then there's that niggling voice saying"but what if something goes wrong". Well I think that once you're past a certain point the risks diminish considerably and like I say - there's always A&E.

Glad to have been of help hun.