Is it this time of year??

Hi All

I have read a few posts recently that seems to say people are having problems. Its wierd but so am I. I had my SAH last Sept. One anni clipped the other wrapped. I believed I was making good progress but for the last week or so I have felt awful. Im a teacher so not at work at the moment but begining to have dizzy spells and nausea experiences. I forget things more easily and cannot find the right word-its just not there!!! I am also incredibly tired for example I have been desperate for football to start again and then today I just had to go to bed this afternoon and missed it. This is a bit strange for me.

I was confident and feeling very positive but now all the insecurities and fears are coming back!!

I suppose what Im asking from you all out there is. IS THIS NORMAL??? do you go through patches like this when you have had a SAH and should I just bear with it. Do yo know half of me thinks its the start of the menapause after all I am nearly 49!!!!

If you have the time I would really appreciate any advice that may be able to help

Regards

Hi Karen

It does seem a bit weird that a few of us are having problems. I've also been feeling a bit nauseous for the last few days (as well as my eye problems) I went to the pharmacist this morning and he refused to give me anything incase it was related to the SAH or even that I was pregnant. I explained that I absolutely hoped I wasn't pregnant and it would also be quite difficult but I started panicking a bit and started losing confidence as like you I am also a teacher. I had to come out of gteaching for 3 years because of my SAH and am returning this year to year 5 but now slightly worried about it because of how I am feeling!! Just out of curiousity are you primary or secondary?

I have to say this is nothing unusual for me karen, I have some brilliant weeks and then get knocked back with problems so i'm sure you will find thats you are definitely experiencing the same as most. I'm trying to sound positive Karen but finding it slightly difficult at the mo so I'll stop writing now.

Hi there think we alĺ go through it at various times try to drink plenty of water and rest when you need to. I know its hard just had a bad few days again myself but try not to worry and go to see your Dr. Jess.xxx

Hi Karen,

I am not helping you`as`I cannot remember my first year although my daughter said I was chatting but mostly sleeping

and when I chatted I made no sense lol ....Whats new !!

Try and take it calmer and when down, ermmm ,,,I sing....(can you sing?) we could do a duet J/K I am a bad singer.

Try and rest...or try and laugh at things whatever makes you feel good about you and if poss SMILE !

Take Care

Good Luck

Regards

WinB143 x

Edited by Winb143

Hi Karen,

I don't personally ever feel nauseous, but I can certainly relate to the tiredness, forgetfulness and either the right word not being there at all, or some other random word comes out instead. The latter two being more frequent when I'm tired which I have to say is far too often for my liking. Yesterday was a good day for me, I took my son and 3 friends out for his birthday. We were out 6 hours, then his friends stopped here the night (they were supposed to sleep in a tent in the garden but came in because they were too hot!). I was woken by them this morning at 6am, but it has taken 2x2hour naps today to feel normal again. My sah was in Nov 2008 (with a second coiling Oct 2009) and I was hoping by now I would be able to get through more days without having to resort to a daytime sleep. I'm 49 now and get quite frustrated at the amount of time I waste during the day being asleep. I ought to keep a diary so I could see how many days I do go without napping - Sorry I don't have any useful answers for you, but I think you could find you will have occasional blips and will just have to bear with it. I hope it doesn't become frequent for you especially when back at school. I only work part-time, but do do full days - I have managed this for the past two years without actually falling asleep on the job, so I hope you do too!

Hope you feel better soon,

Sarah

Hi All

I have been feeling especialy odd for the past couple of weeks and I put it down to the weather

I have always been succeptible to moods swings in line with the moon cycle prior to my SAH

I was always prone to tears with a new moon and bouts of irrational anger and temper at a full moon

this past week or so i have felt my head has been verry "full" and a tight band round it especially at the temples. i have been more sleepy and less tolerent of sound so i have had to wear my earplugs more. i am also much more tearful than normal and cry just listening to the radio going to work

I think the baromatic pressure impacts on my head and my head acts like a pressure cooker that builds up with impending storms. When it is hot and close outside I believe I feel it like people with rheumatism feel the rain or cold - I wish we could just have a good storm to clear the air

Does that make sense to anyone else?

Di

Since the SAH I seem to have developed a strong intolerance to heat which I have noticed for the last two years and which has various negative effects on me. Direct sun is completely off limits right now as the ultraviolet rays index is extremely high where I live and it wears me off like never before. Summer makes me feel absolutely exhausted so now I try to do things either very early in the morning or late in the afternoon. I spend the rest of the day mainly just resting. The barometric pressure also affects me. Call me silly but I took up going out the same times of the day my cat does and I am certainly coping better. She's a wise one and always knows what to do. I suspect my family are slightly put off by my constant "tiredness" but there's not much more I can do right now.

Love,

Nurianna

Hi

I found your post and the previous ones re the weather and the barometric pressure really interesting, also the effects of the moon. It really makes you think

I loved the reference to the cat being a cat lover of course and realsing they are the superior creatures "pretending" to love you so much so they get exactly

what they want-EVERYTHING!!!!

Laura please PM me if you do want a bit of support re going back to school. My work obsession is still there but I am determined to be more in control

and being part of Senior Leadrship I may be able to help you get what you want with good advice!!!

You can probably guess right now, this minute, as I lay in bed I feel a bit better- I hope it lasts!!1

Regards to all and thanks again. You all do make a difference