Had mri today

Hi all today I had my " second " MRI first one the radiographers must have been on L plates cause image was wrong the contacted us five times like hello there is a answer machine on home phone and on mobile after feeling quite sick with worry not knowing what was wrong they were very reluctant to tell us why I had to have second thank god for sisters she got the answer which was film was blurry so my sis told them what huge stress they caused so today was round two had headache before MRI and it became ten times worse afterwards so at present feeling a bit off headache has subsided just feel very fatigued the noise of the machine is like being near a 747 mixed with a cars boom boom box had ear plugs and ear muffs on still heard it

Has any forum people who have had sah got good resuls after sah post bad ones will take a stiff drink dads creamy port

( just kiddin) would love to hear

Thanking you mollynjosie

Hey there

all my results were fine, but I worried at the time its natural I guess.

but you've had the worry from the start, I know its silly saying it but try not to think about it, too much I know way easier said than done...

Think thats terrible not wanting to tell you dont they know that we're scared! good for your sister just another thing the meds dont quite seem to grasp.....

take care now rest up....

Hi Samantha,

Well done for getting through all that! They're horribly noisy things aren't they:roll: I had one on the 25th July, but it was a short one compared to my previous one, only 8 mins which was quite long enough to be in there!

I hope you don't have to wait too long to find out the results - unlike me who is still waiting a month later!

Hope you are feeling a bit better and more relaxed now it's over. Liked the comment about L plates - not that we really need learners when dealing with our brains!

Take care,

Sarah

Hi Samantha,

I bet you're glad that's all over with.

I didn't have MRI with my SAH, I had CTs, angiogram, clipping and then more CTs and a lumber puncture.

However I did have an MRI about five and a half yrs ago pre transplant and I remember it very clearly. Very noisy, felt like it took forever. It must be so mush worse coping with that after SAH.

I hope that your results are back quickly.

How are you coping with things now, are you doing ok?

Take care,

SarahLou Xx

Samantha I hate MRI's have had 2 & the last one to find my anni caused me so much pain with the noise & vibrations but I knew I had to do it to find out what was wrong. Luckily they did find out although it took them 8 days to review the scan & I am here to tell the tale. They aren't fun for sure but it's an amazing advance of technology since my dad had his stroke over 20 years ago!

I hope your results come through soon & ease your mind xxx