operation time

Hi all,

I have a date for my operation to have my gall bladder out and to say the least I am sooooooooo nervous, I have been through worse than this and come out the other end BUT this will be my first operation since SAH and I am dreading being put to sleep.

The last time I was sedated I woke up to tubes everywhere and my head half shaven,

I am looking for ANY advice anyone can give me so I can keep calm.

aNYONE BEEN SADATED SINCE sah X X

I have tried to loose weight and lost 1 stone so far so hopefully this all gpes towards the risk factors x x x (1 day I will be thin)

I have had a few bad days of feeling really dizzy and a headache that will mot go grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr x x

I hope you are all well and that 2012 is treating you well so far x x

lots love to all and any help grateful

donna

xxxxx

Hey Don Don

Let me know when and where you're going in and how long for - I may come visit you if you're in for a while.

Try not to worry too much - I know it sounds flippant and I don't mean it to be. You're bound to be nervous but think how much this is going to help you feel better in the long run.

Hi Donna,

Firstly congrats on the weight loss, thats brilliant.

I think it's only natural to worry about it, to be apprehensive about things. Talk things through with your pre op assessment nurse.

Many yrs ago my sis had her gall bladder and stones removed, they filled a lil pot with her stones for her to keep! She's her stones, I've my head staples!! I remember her before her op, clinging off the bannisters at home in total agony. She had keyhole surgery and from what I remember recovery was quite quick. You could see the difference just looking at her face.

Keep doing the best you can with the weight loss and exercise, it really really will help your recovery.

Keep us updated.

Good luck, big hugs to you.

Take care and keep smiling,

SarahLou Xx