Pseudobulbar Affect (Reflex Crying)

It's really nice/helpful to read all these posts!

It's interesting that we all have emotions, and SAH makes them more urgent in some sense. It's hard for me to tell what sometimes is a real emotion and what is just an effect of the PB-Affect. If the output doesn't fit the crime, then why is it the time? For someone who doesn't have PBA this past statement makes no sense. They want to say, "Every emotion is a real emotion", but I've experience differently. It's totally wak.

I do try and leave myself out of anger provoking situations because I've experienced my new startle-reflex and the crying...so the anger would be so pathological, I don't want to go there.

I totally can relate to the dog situation. Out in public and not a good time to cry.

~Kris

• 2 weeks later...

So I read about this newly approved drug called Nuedexta for the reflex crying. Anyone try it yet?

I went to a conference last week and didn't have any incident in public, but when I got back home, I cried the next AM at breakfast. I think the conference was very stimulating a time...but I hate crying over Cheerios? The price I pay for overdoing things, I guess.

~Kris

I find this ever difficult to deal with as i never really cried much before SAH now i can cry at the drop of a hat !!!!. One night we were out at a friends house and they all wanted to go to the pub ( no pressure was on me too go) but i knew my head was starting to go off on one so i said no they all decided to stay with me instead but of course i started to cry because i wanted them to go !!!!!!

TV is also another thing that makes me cry before only a select few film would of now i cant even watch the RSCPA ads !!!

ANGER whats that !!!! other than my new best friend this is somthing i have been trying to control but find it impossible and the worst thing is it happens anywhere and its out before i can stop it. Like sitting in my inlaws hubby said something about buying golf stuff ( AGAIN) and i just turned glared at him and told his dad if anymore golf stuff was bought u may get a room ready for his return ( this has been typed alot nicer than was said )

donna

So I read about this newly approved drug called Nuedexta for the reflex crying. Anyone try it yet?

I went to a conference last week and didn't have any incident in public, but when I got back home, I cried the next AM at breakfast. I think the conference was very stimulating a time...but I hate crying over Cheerios? The price I pay for overdoing things, I guess.

~Kris

There is something to be said about crying in your Cheerios, they wont get soggy.

I had a couple of good cries last night, while watching a movie about a brain injury. Funny thing is I was crying more over the frustration of the family than I was for the victim.

I don't get enough cries to warrant any medication. I have been fortunate so far to only have a couple of public sessions. It would be nice to know if anyone else has tried it though.

I cried yesterday AM as the news was on the radio talking about all the tornadoes that came through the plains, USA. My husband said as I was sobbing, 'Yeah, all those people...tornadoes are really devastating."

I replied, "No, I was crying because interstate 80 where they were has really lovely corn fields."

Bizarre.

Today, no crying so far...I'm trying a new drug...I'll let you know how it works.

~Kris

Kris, I never cry. I mean never. I wish I could cry I have the opposite problem. My aunt after her stroke cried all the time. Not me I am emontionless about most things. So look at the bright side of that. It is probably better to cry than to not respond properly. I need to read what part of the brain that is that does that. I know my "white matter" are in the oppicital lobe but ..........that is all I can recall. How is your fright reflex? Mine is relaly bad! But I never cry. I need a good cry.

I've always loved my daughter...but since SAH I am more protective towards her....I don't tell her but anyone says things about

her...like nurses or dietician or people who do not know us well....whenever they mention her I cry..see crying now..lol...

I just Love her so much and she can break my heart when she is sad about me being ill...we have good cries together lol.

She is my daughter and my best friend.always has been and always will.....Gosh cannot see tears falling.......

Love to you all

WinB143 xxxx

All of this input is great! I don't feel quite as odd as I did when this started happening to me.

I cried yesterday when I told someone thank-you. I did mean it...but not that much. And then of course, the person thought I really was over the top grateful even though I just wanted to say a simple kind word. O'well, she can think what she likes.

the drug didn't help it seems.

~Kris