Smells like...SAH

Guest dirtypunk1970

Guest dirtypunk1970

I only noticed this on Saturday when I was getting ready to go to my first gig post SAH...The smell of my hairspray made me feel physically sick, and so did my perfume - Chanel!!

Maybe its because they were the last strong smells I experienced before the haemorrhage and they did bring it all back to me.

Hey

I sometimes get the smell and taste of the anaesthetic and a metallic taste in my mouth. I've not developed a taste for anything that I didn't like before but whereas I used to hate the smell of freshly cut grass, now I love it - it reminds me of playing down by the brook next to the school fields when I was a kid.

Weird

Sami xxx

I had a very heightened sense of smell for the first couple of months after SAH. I also loved coffee and went off the smell and Taste of it. Now have an exciting Latte occasionally but before I was the stronger the better.

Aine

Guest Firefly

:?: That is so strange, I use to love coffee! Now I can't stand the smell or taste of it?? I drink "Tasters Choice" decalf instead with whip cream in it. :P

I definately have a heighten sence of smell, taste, sound and touch! My taste has also changed?? Hopefully it will get better in time?? Take care!! Tricia :wink:

Guest bikergrrl

When I heard people often like food that they didnt like before I was really hoping id have that side effect!

I drive everyone mad cos im a vegetarian that doesnt eat vegetables, in fact ive pretty much survived on cheese butties, chocolate and apples since I was 11! Unfortunatley still cant face any new foods and have even gone off cheese since bein in hosp! oh well.. nevermind!

I have developed an overwhelming love of Rowntrees Fruit Pastilles* - and only Rowntrees. Haven't gone off chocolate although Fiona has now banned me from virtually everything with caffeine in it until annie 2 is sorted, including chocolate, so haven't had any for weeks AND I MISS IT!!

Biker - whereabouts in Anglesey are you? My brother lives in Felin-y-heli and we visit Penrhyn Point loads, between Benllech and Moelfre, as my sister has a cottage there.

Sarah x

* Asda have a special offer at the mo - two bags for £1.00!!!!!!!

Guest bikergrrl

Im at the top of the island near Church Bay but used to work at Pentraeth so know Penrhyn well! Also spent loads of time playing with boats down at Y Felinheli!

Guest Wendy

Im new here so hi to all, im rarely at the computer due to tiredness from SAH on the 28th March 07 and Surgery on the 29th March (Coiling). but i just wanted to say I cant stand the smell of ciggarette smoke either and i was a 40+ a day smoker, havent touched a ciggy now since 10-30am on the 28th March. So my Lungs and purse are greatful to my SAH and my children are too. Hope everybodys well x[/i]

Hi Wendy and welcome to the site! :D

Look forward to hearing more about you, when you feel up to it.

I couldn't use a computer until about 3 months after the SAH, so you're doing pretty good. :)

Hope that you will find the site helpful during your recovery.

Take care,