HAIR

Guest dirtypunk1970

Guest dirtypunk1970

Has anyone noticed a difference with their hair post SAH?

I haven't got a lot of hair, but I've noticed the stubble on the sides of my head is going really grey and coarse. I'm sure it wasn't this grey before.

Hiya,

Mine has gone very thin and very grey...... :cry: I also had a bald patch after my coiling (according to my daughter, unless she was trying to wind me up!)

I've been told that it is normal to have some thinning of the hair around the coiling site....but I lost quite a bit of hair, all over after the SAH and it would fall out when I was washing it. It's never been very thick, but it's definetly not the same as it was.

Hey Frances, Karen,

my hair was always very blonde then got darker as I got older, so now i have it hightlighted blonde just a couple of times a year, but must say, since the SAH my hair growin thru seems much more coarse and grey!!!! Oh my life am I about to become that granny figure!!! Noooo not at all!

Speak soon,

Love Suexxx

Guest Firefly

:( I lost a lot of hair with all the dye's they used, it got very thin too. It has grown a lot, but was already baby thin blonde hair, luckily most of the loss was up undernieth and hid most of it! It has been almost 2 years and it is growng more now. Didn't lose hardly any in march when I had my last angio. My Dr. gives me a "coctail" of med's to tak the night before and morning of that helps prevent hair loss. It really helps!!! :D It is just now getting to where I can get it cut in some kind of style. I have to be in a wedding in June so going to a hair dresser, she said whe can put weaves onto the shorter stuff undernieth if she has to. :) They say trauma can cause hair to turn grey. I am getting a few darker redish colored ones that are courser instead of grey since I have blonde hair I guess?? Seems like a lot of people have had major changes in their hair?? Normal with what we have been through!! :shock: I almost bought a wig!! Interesting to see how it effects everyone so differently!! :?:

Do you change the colors of your mowhawk D.P.?

Take care !! Love Tricia

Oh yes :(

When I had the SAH I went very grey & in the places they operated on it was 'white'

when the colour is comming out its like multi colour swatches all the different shades, but its really course now I keep it really short (really short) I have tried letting it get a little longer but its just not to be

:cry:

Louise.x

Guest dirtypunk1970

It would be handy for me if it went white...I wouldn't have to keep bleaching it!!

My mohawk has been all colours, Tricia, I've had it black, green blue and purple, though not all at the same time!! I find red fades the least, so I've stuck with that..Its called Pillarbox Red!

Hey

I can only use Sun-In to lighten my hair as I'm allergic to the PPDs in hair dye - apparently there was a chemical clash between the hair dye and the tattoo ink being in my system at the same time????

But at the sides of my head (above my ears) I have noticed that where the hair is darker there is a fair bit of grey - well I am a granny so it's allowed :wink:

Sami xxx

I was beginning to go grey in my early twenties. It was quite sprinkled through my hair. But its much worse now. I have a big white patch at my right ear, so hair dye now going a shade lighter to compensate, I've always fancied jet black but its not to be the case! The Grey hair is infectious, my husband had hardly any Grey and now has loads, my Mum's hair was Grey before my SAH now its a nice silvery shade!

Re: thinning, I'm not sure, my husbands is :lol: no seriously I think its got a lot finer since the SAH. My hair growing around the bump in my head fine. I thought it was a bit lighter a the front but not sure. No one else has noticed. Did notice the grey though.

Aine xox

When the hair around the bump in my head gets to a certain point I have to get it cut, even though people say your hairs fine it gets so annoying.

Got my hair dyed yesterday at the hairdressers its darker than normally but nice change not having to do it myself.

Louise.x

Guest bikergrrl

Not had any noticeable change with my hair so far although I do have a sore spot on my scalp although it doesnt tie in with where the coil went. Agree about the grey tho, it would save in bleaching cos mines naturally brown but dyed bright purple. To be honest any hair losss I do suffer Im more likely to put down to the effects of bleach!

Well, just about to colour mine again, as the grey is abundant ..... thank goodness for boxes of L'Oreal... :D I use to hi-light it myself as well, pre-SAH....(I was once a Saturday girl in a hairdressers....) and would use a rubber head cap .... however, since the SAH I can't stand the pressure that it puts on my head, so now have to insert any hi-lights using a mascara type brush. I've only hi-lighted it once since the SAH, using the cap and I ended up suffering the worst headache that I'd had since the SAH.