Sasbo Posted May 8, 2007 Share Posted May 8, 2007 Hi All Been to the neurosurgeon today, appointment number 2 since SAH. Scan results showed a little fluid which would account for the way I'm currently feeling, i.e. not a quick enough recovery, seem to have reached a plateau, memory not improving etc. He said it should dissipate in time and there's not much more than he would expect seven months on so no shunt required. Also having second aneurysm clipped and am now on the waiting list - should be in about 4 months time. Given my age there's a 1 in 4 chance of it bursting - those odds aren't long enough for me so have opted for the op. I can, of course, change my mind......Get it all out of the way in the short term rather than drag it out even further! Plus, don't think I'd be as lucky a second time if number 2 were to burst. Big decision, big dilemma but I know I can't live every day wondering. Sarah x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.