Hello!

lynnfarmer6

This is my first post.

I suffered a SAH on 7th May 2012. I was in hospital for 3 months and exercised in the hospital gym and undertook speech therapy.

I have been out of hospital for 9 months. My movement is better, but I suffer from sore limbs, fatigue and lack of appetite.

It is a long road of recovery and it is important to listen to your body and let it dictate the speed of your recovery.

At this point in time I am not the same person I was before the SAH, but I know at some point I will be the person I used to be. Patience is a great virtue.

Lynn.

Bless you Lynn and welcome to our little corner of the net! Definitely this is a long recovery and it can get us so down sometimes, but the positive spirit is essential.

You had a long haul in the hospital! I bet it feels so good to be home. I still remember being there like it was yesterday. I had excellent care, but wow I couldn't wait to get home to my husband and my dogs. I only was there three weeks!

I don't know how I would have made it through with my sanity intact had I not found this site! Everyone on here is so wonderful, and just having others who understood was a HUGE benefit.

Hello Lynn,

Welcome to BTG, it's good to know we are not alone in coping with our recovery.

Wish I lost my appetite as I love food since waking up.

I cannot walk that far but getting there. I did 100 yards but hubby said it was only 50 !!

Be Well and keep happy.

Love

WinB143 xx

Hi Lynn,

What an inspiring post & your positivity will be so hopeful to other new members who are just starting the recovery journey now.

Good to see another Scottish member on here :biggrin:

Michelle x

Hi Michelle. Thanks for your reply and your kind words.

It's good to hear of other people's progress.

Every day, things are so difficult. e.g. getting washed and dressed.

Lynn xx

Hi Lynn and Welcome to BTG,

What wise words from you! Glad you are doing ok and have a positive attitude. It certainly makes it easier to have a healthy approach to a tough situation.

Maryb

Hi Maryb,

Thanks very much for your encouraging words.

After a year, it is the tiredness which affects me most and results in me taking naps.

Lynn xx

Bless you Lynn and welcome to our little corner of the net! Definitely this is a long recovery and it can get us so down sometimes, but the positive spirit is essential.

You had a long haul in the hospital! I bet it feels so good to be home. I still remember being there like it was yesterday. I had excellent care, but wow I couldn't wait to get home to my husband and my dogs. I only was there three weeks!

I don't know how I would have made it through with my sanity intact had I not found this site! Everyone on here is so wonderful, and just having others who understood was a HUGE benefit.

Thank you very much for your positive comments. It is difficult for people to understand what we go through!

The simplest tasks like getting washed and dressed are major tasks and everything is such an effort.

After I came out of hospital, I had a month when I really wasn't feeling that well. I was sick and dizzy, but this disappeared. It is very hard for me to leave the safety of my flat. My sister has been a great tower of strength for me.

Lynn x

Hello Lynn,

Welcome to BTG, it's good to know we are not alone in coping with our recovery.

Wish I lost my appetite as I love food since waking up.

I cannot walk that far but getting there. I did 100 yards but hubby said it was only 50 !!

Be Well and keep happy.

Love

WinB143 xx

Hello WinB143!

When I left hospital, I continued with the build up drinks I consumed in hospital. I have now been eating crisps and chocolate. I also eat pasta.

I cannot walk far and get tired quickly. I have a long way to go.

My aim would be to go out and have a meal in a restaurant.

Lynn x

You will get there Lynn, long haul but never give up.

Do what I do, cuss in my mind lol telling it/SAH, it will not beat me.

Some days it does but we have to beat it xx

My back aches if I walk too far

Singing helps and this site knowing we are not alone in our struggle

Keep smiling

Win xx

Hi Lynn,

Welcome to BTG. Great to read your positivity coming through in your posts. Struggling with the fatigue is pretty common amongst us SAHers, you are right patience is a great virtue and something I should remind myself of more often!

Looking forward to reading your posts and hearing of your progress.

Wem