Flying after a SAH

April,

I cannot say how long it is until you can fly, Like Penny has said but what I do know is it took me 5 years to get my nerves under control before I flew again....

When I did I loved it x x Think I felt better than others hehe.... My ears were fine and my HEAD lol which for some reason I thought would explode from pressure ( mind the expression) ..

But please speak to the doctor on Friday, Each one of us are different x x x ALL special but different hehe

Lots Love 

Donna 

xxxxxxx

• Like 1

As the others are saying ask, but realize that the option to fly is different from actually flying.  I had great anxiety over many things at first and it made things impossible to do that were out of the ordinary.  There is a loss of control issue that a flight might trigger.  Put yourself in a totally new situation and see how you react.  If your fine there, you'll probably be fine in flight.

Have a good trip!

~Kris

Is it safe for me to fly?

Flying is perfectly safe after a subarachnoid haemorrhage; however, you are unlikely to feel physically well enough to fly within the first couple of months of recovery. You may find the journey more tiring than previously, and it may take you slightly longer to recover in the first year or so, but it will not cause you any problems specific to the subarachnoid haemorrhage. Pilot's licences will need to be reviewed.

This extract has been taken from the following hospital website, where some of us were treated in the UK:

http://www.uhs.nhs.uk/OurServices/Brainspineandneuromuscular/Neurovascularservice/Neurovascularconditions/SubArachnoidHaemorrhage/FrequentlyAskedQuestions.aspx