Disability Driving Assessment

My goodness what a shock in my post tonight. I was lucky enough to get a medical driving license about 4 months after my Sah which was valid for 3 years. I went through all the paperwork to renew for the end of March and have now been told I need to go through a full mobility and driving assessment .

I am a bit nervous and was just wondering if anyone has any advice ?

Thank you so much Win and Super Mario. I rang today and booked it for next Saturday at the disability mobility centre so will let you know how I get on. They were able to tell me it covers medical history, visual tests, a simulator and an on road driving assessment.

I am going to try it in a manual car ( I usually drive an automatic) as otherwise they will add that as a restriction .

I am going to ask for a map of the route so I know where I am driving :-)

• Like 1

Good luck on Test Jules,

No speeding now !! j/k  Let us know how you get on..

My hubby always drives automatics, so it doesn't seem fair does it. 

I knew if anyone would know it would be Super, thanks Super xx

Love to All

WinB143 xx

• Like 3

I took this test voluntarily as they didn't take my license away even though I couldn't walk or focus or anything afterwards...Go USA!

Anyway, it just helps them and you determine if you are in fact safe to drive.  I wasn't sure since I felt drunk 24/7 even though I never touched a drop of alcohol.  I passed the simulator stuff and then they took me on the road and I had a 'no interstate' restriction recommended for a bit because the merging traffic was hard for me a such high speeds.  Now, I am fine, but I never had another test.  Just take it easy and slow.  I had some weird computer stuff like mostly yellow dots flashing, but I had to identify where the one blue dot was...attention testing, etc.

Let us know how it turns out.

~Kris

• Like 1

Thank you for all your support . I passed thank goodness and will get another medical license which can be up to 3 years. The guy at the disability centre was lovely and advised it was because of my memory and concentration issues.

It is such a relief xx :-)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Someone actually listened to me hooray  xx Seriously J well done and good for you xx

So when we going shopping, can your car take a wheelchair? ha ha

Well done again J and so pleased for you xx

Love

Win xxxx