My Appointment with Neuro

As you know was seeing the Neuro's today. The strange pain I'm experiencing down the left side of my head behind my ear and into the neck is probably not connected at all to my Anuerysm.

He was a bit annoyed that my scan pictures and results had not been forwarded to them so I have to go back in about eight weeks once they have had a chance to obtain them and look at them. He wants to check the position of the clip and also if any fluid is present.

Failing that it will be nerve pain and they will then start trying me on different medication. One interesting point I asked how big the clip was and he said it was 11 mm and Titanium so I should be ok in future to have MRIs. Forgot to ask what grade the SAH was but he was really helpful :)

Janet x

Hi Janet,

It's interesting to hear that you also get pain on the left hand side of your head ..... me too .... but, nothing has been found on my L/H side ..... Mine tends to be over the left eye ..... it's almost like a mirror image of the original right handed aneurysm/SAH.

Shame that you have to wait another 8 weeks .....but, glad that the Neurosurgeon was helpful and managed to answer your questions... :) xx

Guest pam

Hi Janet,

Its a shame you have to wait another 8 weeks, to get some answers.

However, I have had a similar experience. I notice you had a left posterior comm artery aneuerysm, so did I. I get pain behind my left eye, but also pain along the back of my jaw up to behind my ear and the left side of my neck. My neurosurgeon has checked my MRA Scan results and he says everything is fine (and I am sure they will tell you this too), a neurologist thought it may be migraine, and my physio thinks it is related to posture, the pain starting in my neck and moving!, no one really knows. My doctor thought it was to do with the nerves in my head so he prescribed ampitriptaline (exc spelling), then later imipramine which is a cousin of ampitriptaline) it helped a bit, at times I do wish someone would give a diagnosis at least I would know. Maybe its just the effects of neurosurgery, if so I am sure there will be a few of us experiencing the same.

pam

Hi Jan,

I thought that you had a post right comm artery annie ..... D'oh! .... I'm sure that I'm getting worse with my memory! :lol:

But, yes, I also get the pain behind the ear and down the neck on the coiled side....... I can often feel a pulling sensation when I bend my neck.

Think that I need an early night!

Hi there I get that too its maily up the right hand side of my neck ear eye which is the side that ruptured however can sometimes be on the left dunno what it is, sorry. Jess.xxx

Hi Janet,

Thanks for letting us know how you got on. Good to hear he's approachable, that means a lot. Hope the next 8 Weeks fly. What I did was email my questions so they had a chance to have proper answers prepared when you get there.

Usually an email somewhere on the hospital letters.

Hope eye pain settles.

Aine xox

Guest pam

Just wanted to say Ainee what a good idea emailing the questions first. Certainly makes sense and I wish I had thought of that. At least they can be prepared to give you the answers you need, its something I will do in the future.

pam

Hey Jan

Glad that the appointment went well but it's a long time to wait again!!! Good that you could ask lots of questions though - my nuero guys good like that, he said if I have any questions before I see him next to either ring his secretary or pass a message through my sister in law (she used to work with him) and he'll answer as soon as he can.

Fingers crossed that all is well hun - and yes, we will have to speak soon.

Love ya

Sami xxx