head feels like bursting

Hi everyone

when i speak or listen to anything I have a ringing in my right ear. It's not like normal tinnitus as I don't have it when there's silence. it seems to be connected to the hearing loss in that ear as the noise echoes round in the ear. When I visited work yesterday i was there for four hours chatting to people, really nice to catch up but I thought my head and right ear going to explode at the end of it. I don't have headaches as such but a feeling that my brain may suddenly burst out of my head. Has anyone else had this?

Anne x

Hi Anne and everyone

I do get a feeling like my head is bursting if there are too many people and too much noise. Like you its around the right hand side of my ear/head. I also can feel very wired and nervy after being near too many people or noise. Wouldn't even consider going to the cinema at the moment.

Big hug

Lesley xxx

Hi Lesley

yes it sounds like the same thing. It must be fatigue. When I first went to the cinema post SAH, a few months ago I couldn't hear the film properly as it all sounded so distorted but now I can go and make out most of the speech. I did see No Country for Old Men last month and I found it difficult to make out some of the dialogue due to the deep south accents and mumbling. I'm planning to start back at work in a couple of weeks' time on very reduced hours. I'll have to try to find a quiet corner where I don't chat a lot.

Love

Anne x

Hi Anne,

What you're experiencing sounds quite typical of early recovery ...... it does get better, so hold on to that thought.... :)

It's only now that I can stand quite loud music..... but some of the background music on the tv still drives me nuts .... especially with surround sound, as I can't tell whether it's real or not.... I still have problems with listening to the radio in the car and hearing different noises coming out of the speakers .... I'm not sure whether it's my car rattling or the damned music! ..... anyway, I just turn it off.....

I think that your hearing tolerance does improve with time.....mine certainly has.....but if I find something uncomfortable, then I walk away from it.....

Hi All

I must be unique my favourite music is blues and heavy rock and within a couple of months of coiling I went to Birmingham to a Gary Moore concert and if you haven't heard him he's LOUD but it had no effect on me, my only problem was leaving the venue amongst all the crowds as I felt panicky and really stressed out and yes my head felt like bursting. I go to as many concerts as I can and have no problem with my head, I even asked the neurologist if it was alright to go and he gave me the OK. Yes I still get headaches and bursting feeling but this is mainly always due to stress, over exertion and crowds but they are easing now I am two and half years post coiling.

Cheers

John

I'm like Ninja I go to a few concerts and usually!! the noise doesn't make me feel like my head is bursting but if I am tired or concentrating for a long while then it does. It does get easier at times but then it happens more often again, I feel like I am going round in circles sometimes!!

Laura

xx

Thanks for your reassurance. I guess it will go in time. I hope to get back to work in a couple of weeks time (just a few hours a week) but will find to find a quiet space to work. I used to be one of those people who could type and chat away at same time but couldn't do that now.