Has anyone recovered completely from a SAH?

Guest Shiree

Hi Shiree and welcome to behindthegray

I had my SAH in August 2006 and went back to work after 4 months. I suppose it was about the 6 month stage when I started to feel normal most of the time and it was a year before I reached the stage where I could say I was completely recovered. I still have one or two issues, mostly with fatigue, but they really are very small issues and my life now is pretty much back to as it was before SAH. There's nothing I could do before SAH that I can't do now.

Regards

Keith

Guest Shiree

Jess & Keith

That is awesome to hear!!! My job was pretty physical and I worked long hours (I drove a stock truck and trailer) but I loved it. It would break my heart to think i would not be able to do it again.

I still feel like at the moment but hoping to keep heading down the slow road of recovery.

"hugs"

Shiree

Hi Shiree

I'm 8 months post SAH and just starting to feel like my old self. It did take at least 4 months (if I remember correctly before I could stand the light and the double vision had righted itself in my right eye, so I took off the pirate's eye patch). But strangely enough:these past few weeks, I've started to feel very dizzy when I put my head down on the pillow each night and when I first wake up in the morning. Haven't had those symptoms for months and months.

I haven't gone back to work - semi retired (I'm 61) but starting to wonder if I could work part time in the winter time as money is a little tight around here!

I know I am very, very lucky to have survived and have recovered remarkably unscathed.

We all recover at different rates and only you can decide when you feel well enough to tackle certain tasks at home or even to return to work.

Big hug

Lesley xxx

Guest Shiree

I think not knowing what will be is the worst thing. Its like you are forever waiting to see what will happen next.......

"hugs"

Shiree

Hi Shiree

I'm nearly 8 months post SAH. I think I have improved a lot but I'm always tempted to compare myself with how I was pre-SAH. I started back at work on phased return 6 weeks ago and am finding it very difficult as so tired (now doing 30 hours a week but not physical job). I was told it would take at least a year or more before I could expect to feel more like normal due to having big bleed. I find it difficult to eat as sense of taste so skewed, I think if that improved I would feel more like old self.

Anne x

Hi Shiree

A warm welcome to you just got back from my hols. I'm 20 months post SAH and work 30 hours a week. I returned to work after 7 months on a phased return but have been unable to increase my hours anymore due to fatigue, concentration and nerve pain.

I have just been prescribed new tablets for the nerve damage and so far they seem to be helping as I haven't had to resort to as many paracetomol was on the maximum a day until started the new tablets.

Things do improve gradually it just takes time, patience and the ability to listen to your body.

Janet x

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tekemeee

July 26th made 5 years since I had my SAH - I was hospitalized in NICU for 23 days - I had vasospasms the entire time - including the day that I was released from the hospital.

I have no know complications at all. It took me a long time to get over the fatigue - I stayed so tired all the time - I mean for months & months - but I only stayed out of work the 23 days I was in the hospital and then 2 more weeks. I have had many scans & MRI's done over the past 5 years - but mainly if I get a headache or something - they get really worried. But I am fine.

• 2 weeks later...

8 years in & for me I havent gone back to work & No life isnt the same, but I'm here I've survived I've got on with life found what I can & cant do its been a long haul to get here but here I am :roll:

take care

Louise.x