Confidence

Guest Debs18

Guest Debs18

Hi everyone I think I spoke about this before I am really struggling with confidence issues especially at my work is this normal and can I do something about it Debs 18 :?

Hi Debs,

It seems fairly common to suffer loss of confidence ........ I know that I have, but it's starting to improve a lot now .... I've managed to be able to keep pushing myself forward, but it's been a slow job, as my recovery has been painfully slow at points ..... I would imagine that if your confidence has been severely knocked, then it's worth seeking some professional help.

Hi Debs

I too suffered and still suffer with confidence issues.

That was the one thing that really annoyed me-that I am a different person. But I'm slowly learning to like the new me and my confidence is getting better each and every day. If I look back I can see an improvement but dont realise it day to day. Yes I know I wont Be speaking in front of 400+ but I do more in the background now, I am learning to adapt :) If someone met me for the first time I'd be classed as shy, I stilll cant talk in front of strangers and if I do I get my words all mixed up and back to front- but I still try-and I think thats the key- to keep pushing yourself a little each time.

Hope that this helps - there is light at the end of the tunnell :D

Lynn xxxx

Karen, you are obviously so right that lack of confidence is an issue, closely associated with SAH, that is where this site can give so much, Debs now knows, as I do that confidence will come back, I was so scared that it might not and as Lynn said this brings about a complete change of character and that is tough to cope with. Thanks for raising this Debs, don't laugh when I say I hadn't got the confidence to do so, but I hadn't, I was too frightened that it might be permanent! The physical effects like weakness of limbs, walking like a drunk and speech difficulties are hard, very hard, but all of those ADD to the loss of confidence and that to me is very scary indeed, as I was a very confident person, before the SAH. I can go to bed tonight, happy in the knowledge that the confidence ( well at least some of it will return :D ) Thanks everyone but above all, thanks Karen, this site is what makes all of this possible!

Hi Perry,

I'm still working on my own confidence, but this year, I can certainly see big improvements .... I think that I saw my loss of confidence as being more of a personal issue and a weakness with my character .... I should have seen it as something that the SAH was responsible for and something that was bound to happen as a consequence of being ill and perhaps not been quite so hard on myself.....that's why it's so good to share this type of subject.

I still walk around as though I'm drunk, particularly on a bad day when the dizziness is awful .... my vision could be better too ...... some days are worse than others, but I doubt if anybody passing me by, would actually notice ..... when I get tired, I still have problems with finding the right words and stringing a sentence together .... I've managed to get a couple of days paid work under my belt in the last month (which gave me a great boost) and I've been asked to cover some more holiday in September .... yes, it's all been painfully slow at times and can frequently feel like it's all too much and I would imagine that I'm probably going to feel that way for quite a while yet ...... but it's getting better and better..

I was used to living in a body that didn't let me down and after the SAH, I suppose that I no longer feel as though I can rely totally on my brain or my body doing what it should ...... I definetly feel more vulnerable than I did pre-SAH, but I'm becoming more used to the person that I now am ... if that makes sense! :wink:

Guest Shiree

Hi Debs

My confidence was a mess to begin with after the SAH. I hated going out into public places because people would come up and ask how you were etc. It was all I could do not to burst into tears and run and hide. But the more I got out and talked to people the better it got. I had to keep pushing myself out of my comfort zone or I would never have even left the house. You feel like everyone is judging you waiting for you to mess up....

Little bit by bit it will get better.

"hugs"

Shiree

HI DEBS

I really suffered with my confidence in the begginning and i found this really hard to deal with...... I just to say to myself ALL

the time and still do that NOTHING BAD is going to happen I am going to be fine which seems to work and then i get that oh god i

feel i am going to black out/ collapse feeling so i sit down and just keep telling myself that I AM OK its hard and fighting with

yourself is even harder x x We WILL get our confidence back debs its just a matter of time x x