back to work

I am thinking of going back to work at end of October on a phased return..........

I will eventually be working 9-3 four days a week.

I am just worried I dont know what to expect I feel scared i wont cope but dont know what with :?::?:

I work along side with my sister in a busy dental practice my boss has even said to me just do paper work i dont need to do face to face with patients until i feel ready x

I was just woundering how you all felt when returning to work and you felt whilst there x

I know we are all different

Hi there

You are the only one to know when your ready to go back to work Donna, but its still really early days for you...

But as I havent been able to go back to work I'm not really able to advise did go to college though 3 half days a week just about killed me going there learning and doing house stuff :roll:

But hey good your thinking about it

sending hugs

Louise.x

Hi Donna

I returned to work at approx 8 months. I started working 18 hours a week but for the first month just sat and watched my colleagues to get used to all the screens and systems.

I also had to have an Occupational Health Assessment done in work and she suggested that I should have a break from the screens every 20 minutes to do eye exercises.

I had to go back to work because being stuck at home was starting to have a bad effect on me and I needed the normalacy of being in work. It worked for me personally, the first few weeks are hard and it is tiring to begin with.

Just remember to start slowly and gradually increase the hours.

Janet x

Hi Donna,

I had to go back to work because being stuck at home was starting to have a bad effect on me and I needed the normalacy of being in work. It worked for me personally, the first few weeks are hard and it is tiring to begin with.

Jan- i was exactly the same, it was better for my mental health to try and interact with others than be stuck in the house

Only you know best though Donna

Laura

xx

Donna I was really glad to get back to work because I hated being stuck at home on my own, but everyone is different I had 6 months off in total that was for rupture and the other side aswell but only you can tell if you are ready or not. Good luck. Jess.xxx

Hi Donna

I am back at work now 4 days a week , doing approx 8 - 10 hours per day. So far I have found that I have actually improved health wise. I personally think for me that it gave me something else to think about, instead of being consumed by the SAH 24/7. I think anxiety was playing alot bigger part with me than I was willing to admit. So in my case (so far) i feel it has helped me, but you have to listen to your body, just take your time.

hugs

shiree

Hi Donna

I started back at work about 6 months after my SAH. I started doing 3 afternoons a week and after 6 weeks had worked up to full time, 10-6 Mon - Fri which I've been doing for the past 3 months. I was exhausted at first and had to go home and fall straight into bed. I still have quite severe fatigue which I struggle with but I hope it will ease in time. However at first I would feel nauseous a lot of the time with the fatigue and that is beginning to lift a bit.

Going back to work has been good as it's taken my mind off my SAH and helped my confidence.

Hope it works out - I think it will if you give it time.

Lots of love

Anne xxxxxx