Surgery

Hi

about a month ago I had an angiogram and was told I would see the consultant at his clinic to discuss the results. I already knew that there was a problem they just want the angio to see how they were going to tackle it.

I got my appointment at the clinic for Jan. and so decided that I could forget about everything until then.

Thursday I got a cal from the hospital to say I was to go in for an embolism this Wednesday 22nd what a shock.

I have no idea how they are going to do this or anthing. This is the third time they will have carried out a procedure, the last twice was done through coiling.

Just hope now that there is a bed available when I ring on Tuesday.

Thanks for letting me share this.

Take care

Therese :D

I am sure that was quite a shock...but at least try to see it that they have spotted a problem and are going to deal with it.

I guess there are only 2 ways but I am sure they will take the least risk and most effective.

Where are you in the country? What is your nearest Neuro?I will be thinking of you on wednesday and wish you all the best.

I wonder if anyone else reading this has had 3 coilings at all?

Hang on in there Therese.

Best Wishes

Andy P

Hi

I live in County Durhan but will have the procedure done at the James Cook Hospital in Cleveland.

I am surprised at how quick the surgery is taking place as it has taken almost 2 years to get the angio done even though they knew that there was a problem.

The way I am looking at it is that it needs to be done and once its done hopefully this time it will never need done again.

Thanks for all your positive thoughts. I will try to let you know how everything has gone as soon as possible.

Thanks again

Therese :D

Hi Therese,

Sending love and hugs to you for Wednesday.....I will be thinking of you...

Let's hope that this is third time lucky for you and that you'll never have to go through all of this again.

The very best of luck to you and let us know how you get on.

Take care,

Love K x