Chiropractic Adjustment Prior to pNSAH

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone in this forum had a chiropractic adjustment prior to your pNSAH? 

I have asked my team of Neurologist and find that none of them want to go on record with their opinions.  I was adjusted 5 days prior to my pNSAH bleed taking place. 

I had the adjustment late one afternoon and had a weird headache (front right side of my head) that started shortly afterward. 

I am not prone to headache's and this one was different than any that I had had in the past.  I started taking Advil for this headache for the 5 days up until my bleed. 

My bleed took place before late in the evening as I bent over to turn off a fan I had an immediate stabbing pain in the region of the headache that I had been having. 

Upon standing up my whole head and neck felt like it was going to explode.  My husband drove me to the hospital where they did a CT scan that showed the bleeding on the brain. 

I was transported to a hospital that had a Neurological unit and was there for a week.  

I just saw my Neurologist for my 3 months check up and was told everything was fine.  I still have these crazy sensations/headaches and tend to freak myself out and cause unnecessary anxiety. 

It has been helpful to read this forum just to know that I am not alone in this journey.

Hi Susan :)

A very warm welcome to BTG.

I cant help you with regards to a Chiropractic adjustment, but 3 months is still very early in your recovery from your bleed. At 3 months i still had very strange sensations in my head and bad headaches. Your brain is working overtime recovering from a massive trauma. Try to rest up as much as possible and drink plenty of water.

It is very normal to feel freaked out and anxious, but this will improve with time. Listen to your body and be kind to yourself.

It's good to read that the forum has been helpful. You are not alone in your journey. Please feel free to post any questions you may have. We cant give any medical advice, but can share our experiences.

We look forward to hearing more from you and feel free to join in the daily banter in the Green Room, we are a friendly bunch.

Take care

Tina xx  

15 hours ago, SusanM said:

I was wondering if anyone in this forum had a chiropractic adjustment prior to your pNSAH? 

Hi there

No, sorry, I haven't.  My husband, daughter, son-in-law and father all go to the same Chiropractor have a lot of treatment.  My daughter has been going for years and has some deep treatment (acupuncture, physical manipulation, cupping and tens treatment).  None of them have suffered any repercussions from their treatment.

Unfortunately it may be that it was complete coincidence that you were treated shortly before your pNSAH - you could have easily have been hanging out the washing or getting out of the bath - if it was going to go,  it was going to go.

Glad that you're finding the site useful, but as mentioned we cannot give medical advice as we are not medically trained and we cannot give advice / opinion on where fault / cause may or may not lay.

Hi Susan,

I have regular adjustments and never had any problems. I had my pnsah a bit over 5 weeks ago. It had been a bit over 3 weeks since my last adjustment when my head went bang. I was playing Australian rules football at the time. This had nothing to do with it, it just happened and I think the same for chiro. Had an adjustment today and all fine. He did the neck thing no worries. I tend to agree with skippy, if it’s gonna go, it’s gonna go. 

BTG is great. All us survivors have a long road to travel. It has bumps, twists and turns. It also has some better sections. It’s comforting to know that we’re not travelling it alone. All the best, I hope it goes well

Thank you, for the responses.  

I agree that it is a long road to travel with bumps, twists & turns.  

It has been a little over 3 months since my bleed and I still have bad headaches every 1 1/2 to 2 weeks that last for a day or so.  I cannot keep from wondering if something more is going on other than my brain still going through the healing process.
What do people do for the pain????  My Neurologist has me taking Gabapentin & Nortryptoline for nerve pain, Tylenol & Oxy for pain. 

I want to taper off of the Tylenol & Oxy and have incorporated CBD oil.  Is there anything that is more effective in helping these headaches?

As we cannot give medical advice because we are just a support group and not medically trained, the information you seek must come from your doctor or neurologist. You must discuss with them the path you are thinking of taking. Just make sure you are drinking lots of water, that does help the headaches as everyone on here will tell you.

I must add that 3 months is very early in terms of recovery from a SAH therefore headaches may not diminish until much later. Every person's recovery is different and what occurs with one survivor may not happen with another. Timescales are specific to the individual.

Archived