Lorna

Lorna

Hi im Lorna and my first time here. I suffered a SAH in may this year i feel iv hit a wall in my recovery where i feel anxious especially around people. I usedvto be very social and now just want to be at home with my belived partner. Is this normal and will it pass? I have to go back to wofk in 4 weeks time and very worried how i will cope mentally and physically any advice would be greatly appreciated. Xx

Hi Lorna,

Welcome. There are lots of good and historical threads to read on BTG that will hopefully let you know it does improve but it needs time, care and patience and also a willingness to change.

After a bleed things won’t just bounce back into place and you can’t push through, you have to recognise the invisible but serious injury you have sustained and you need to pace things slower than you did and give your battered brain some time to recover.

Everyone is unique in their bleed effects but you need to pay attention to when things are ‘too much” and then have a break and try to be gentle with cognitive demand and build it up slowly. There’s some good advice on back to work if you search that , the main thing is to not try to fit back in as you were, slow is you really friend for now. 

take care 

Hi Lorna,

Welcome to BTG, early days for you yet Lorna but we will get there slow but sure as we cannot rush our brain while it is healing.

This site is good as we all know we aren't alone in our struggle to get back to where we were.  

I was so afraid, and my Daughter found this site it helped her and when I awoke it has helped me, we can talk about what happened to us and know that others understand as they have been through the same.

So welcome and good luck to you xx my first outing was to a Café for coffee and cake and in those days I couldn't hold a spoon and hubby had to tip coffee into carboard cup as I was so weak..  Keep progressing some days 1 step forward and 2 back but it does get better.  

Look I can smile now and also turn on the tears when I want lol xxxxx 

Good luck on recovery and hope you get your mojo back, remember time heals  xxxx 

Win xxxxx 

Hi lorna welcome to btg xxx

You need to start off with little walks alone. I was terribly anxious to begin with wouldn't go anywhere alone so glad I turned things around as I have two children (after sah) and me and my husband (their dad) have split up so I don't know where I would be now if I hadn't. 

You will be ok it will get easier Mr and the kids go on holidays and day trips all the time now mine was 16 years ago xxx

Hello Lorna ,,, and also a warm welcome to BTG.

As Daffodil says, you will find much help from reading the various forum threads.

Rebuilding your life after SAH definitely takes time. While it is great to have a positive attitude when recovering from an illness or accident …. SAH recovery also means accepting that your damaged brain needs time to repair. Pushing too hard to reach goals can have a real detrimental effect on your recovery and indeed you are likely to suffer disappointing set-backs such as increased fatigue, headaches and a general sense of frustration and yes anxiety. Always keep well hydrated by drinking water often.

It is important that you set realistic aims as you return to work. Much depends on the nature of your work, however a phased return where you work reduced hours and reduced days in your working week will allow you to gauge how your brain and body are coping.

Please don`t push yourself too hard to impress. Be open with your colleagues about your SAH trauma as few understand how hard it is for you to make a  return to work.

No doubt your anxieties are impacting on your family and personal friendships. What form of support do you have as you recover ?

I wish you well in your efforts to rebuild your life and please continue to share your progress with the members of BTG.

Subs

Archived