second aneurysm

I had my first follow-up angoigram in March and have just had the appointment today to discuss the results. The coiling has worked well on the original aneurysm but I have been told that I have a small second aneurysm, in the frontal lobe area. It is too risky to treat it now as it is so small but I will be called back in March 09 for another angiogram to see what it looks like then.

This has taken the wind out of my sails quite a bit as I am still getting over the trauma of having the first one and I don't remember any mention of this second one when I was in hospital last year. If it does get bigger I would like to have it treated I think.

I'm still a bit in shock just now but just wondering how others have coped with having other unruptured aneurysms? And if anyone has gone ahead and had an unruptured second aneurysm treated?

Warm wishes

Anne

Hello anne

Sorry to hear it took so long for you to get your results and that they revealed another anerysum...

I know that there are a few people on here with others left.

I had my results in October and it showed I have a neck on my annie and if it gets any bigger then I will have it treated x Its horrible not be given the all clear BUT just think how mant people out there have them and dont know x x

Its not a great help but it helps me think at least I am being kept an eye on.

Stay positive anne you will be ok x

Lots love

donna

xxxxx

Thanks Donna. You're right. I think it's been a bit of a shock to me today but I can't spend the rest of my time worrying about what might happen next. I do feel deep down that having survived the first one, I've not been given a second chance in order to spend my time worrying about a possible next one, if you see what I mean. And I am reassured that they are keeping an eye on it.

I'm really pleased to read that you're progressing so well. Well done!

Love

Anne xx

Hi Anne

I had an SAH on the right communicating artery which was clipped and was diagnosed as they found the SAH with a second, unruptured, annie on the left CA. I had that clipped one year later (last October). I really feel for you as it is not easy knowing that there's a second little blighter there. Wishing you all the best

Sarah xx

Hi Anne

I am so sorry to hear that you have a second one, what a worry for you xx .But be reasured that they are keeping an eye on it. I can understand that it has taken the wind out of your sails quite a bit, it is hard enough dealing with one. I wish you well for the March appointment. Take care, thinking of you and sending lots of love to you. Love Tina xx

Hi Anne

In some ways it was more traumatic as I was fully aware of it whereas with the SAH it was so sudden and I was not really compus mentus until after the surgery. Recovery time has been quicker in a lot of ways as there was less physical trauma to the brain but there is a tendency, I have found, not to be as patient with the recovery if you know what I mean. Because there was no initial 'explosion' and the surgery was elective I tended to be less patient with myself and am now paying for that psychologically.

Hope this helps.

Sarah xx

Sorry to hear your news Anne its bad enough dealing with one poor you, only advise I can offer is that because the second Annie has'nt ruptured the recovery is much better and less tramatic(thats what my consultant told me I have a spur) I got the dreaded letter today for my MRI Jan 14th wish they kept it til after christmas! oh well fingers crossed for us both eh

Take care and god bless

Yasmin

xxxx