Back ache

Hi all,

Meant to ask this a few weeks ago but keep forgetting until it happens again :lol: Does anyone else get severe nerve shooting pain at the bottom of their back when they stand for longish periods of time. Simon loves looking at CDs etc in say HMV and when I stand next to him it starts and then when I try to walk it really hurts and I end up hunched up to combat the pain! This also happens a lot if I can't get a seat on a train etc with work.

Anyone any ideas? They did perform my lumber puncture incorrectly and my doc said when I first come out of hospital that back ache could be that but it has got considerably worse over last 6 months.

Love and hugs

Laura

xx

Hi laura

I have really bad back ache if I am standing for a while and its also at the bottom of my back.

I didnt have lumber puncture though but an epidural when I had Jack.

The pains also spread up my back through out the day but I push myself other...

It is one of those misteries for me also but I was meaning to ask about back ache its not constant but really painful when I do get it and SO annoying xx

Love Donna

xxxxxx

Laura,

I would go back and see the GP, if I was you ..... ask him/her to check it out ..... I only had really bad back/leg pain, as the bleed was taking place and after ..... I was told that it was the blood draining down the spine and that this can irritate the nerve endings ..... but the pain was horrific.....

I got told that at the time Karen too and so I kind of thought it was that, then went I went again to the doctor he thought it was from the lumber puncture. I think I will make an appointment as the pain it is starting to grind me to the spot and then I have to grab Simon to support me and then somehow stoop and then straighten for it to go off. It is definitely getting worse. Thanks Karen for making me see sense!

Love and hugs

Laura

xx

Hi Laura

I suffered from backache even before the SAH, twice i have had a slipped disc and now after SAH the backache has become more painful, I had 4 lumber punctures and I still continue to do the exercises for the back from what my physiotherapist taught me at hospital.

I would go and see the GP if the pain continues.

Take care.

Myra xx

Hi

Prior to my SAH I suffered from spondylosis and arthritis of the spine. Since my SAH the problem has worsened especially at the base of my spine, I went to the pain clinic and the doctor questioned me regarding my SAH. When I had my appointment with the neurosurgeon recently he told me that the blood going down my spine would have aggravated the problem and may even get worse. He did have a name for it but I can't remember what it was. I quite often have to use a walking stick and am undergoing physiotherapy, so it would appear I had a problem previously which has been aggravated by the SAH so it doesn't come on its own.

Cheers

John