Numbness

Did anyone suffer from numbness? I have numb toes and also numbness around stomach area - which I put down to the shunt, the doctor said they may have caught a nerve. The numbness is very frustrating and I wonder if it will ever go? my SAh was in June 2008

Caroline

Hi yes I get numbness from time to time in my face yet if I smile I can still do it but it feels weird and if I pinch my face it hurts it is still early days for you it may go in time it is frustrating though. Jess.xxx

Hello Caroline, Yes, more or less the same as you, my stomach which I have also decided is because of the shunt, also various odd bits and bobs, face, arm, fingers but not all that much. I have always felt that at least the face, arms and fingers would improve as time goes by, and so it is now after one year. Stomach still numb though and maybe that is a good thing :wink::wink:

I also have numbness that comes and goes in a small one side area of my chin just under my lip. Also have numb toes and outside of my lower leg on the same side as my face. This appeared 18 months after my SAH and ensuing shunt.

The docs say it is nothing to do with my SAH and a MRI scan on my lumber sacral spine only showed a slight narrowing of my spinal canal, but say that could possibly be the cause as certain movements will make it more pronounced.

I have given up worrying about it and carry on as normal.