Still No News

Hi All

Been away for awhile so just getting updated. I see many of you have balance problems which I now can relate to. I've started to have problems and am more or less using a walking stick permanently ( the type used by hikers etc are very useful, they have a spring which I find very useful when walking uphill ).

My main problem is waiting for my recoiling, yes believe it or not I am still waiting ( I was told on 6.9.2008 that it was dangerous to leave). Numerous calls have been made to the hospital and I've even gained the sympathy of the secretary, my GP has written as have doctors of my local hospital as I was admitted to the assessment ward some time ago for numbness to my arm and loss of control. We continue to worry the neurosurgery department and all they tell me is live life as normal and I am one of fifteen waiting. As you can appreciate my life is on hold and to add insult to injury I lost my dog last month after 17 years and my wife has told me to wait until everything is sorted out before we have another one but who knows when that will be so I've started looking. Some of you have said I should complain but I don't fancy lying in a hospital bed with the surgeon looking over me after I complained about him. Anybody got any other suggestions??

Cheers

John

Hi John....so sorry to hear about your dog and that you are still waiting.....it must be awful for you.....maybe another polite enquiry may help!! You never know....hope you get some answers and take care. Love Tina xx

Hi John

Sorry to hear about the loss of your dog - I know he was your "best friend". There's a great site for dogs that need rehoming all over the country - we're currently looking for one too - it's www.dogsblog.com - there are some lovely dogs on there.

I know what you mean about not wanting the surgeon you've complained about standing over you on the operating table, but its not him you're complaining about really - its the administration process, but yes another polite but firm enquiry is in order I think.

Good luck and take of you

Love Sami xxx

John, I'm so sorry to hear about your dog, it's a toughie to handle isn't it? Especially when they have been companions for so long. Sad too to hear that you are still waiting, I'm with the others, stay polite but keep up the war of attrition! Will be thinking of you :)

Hi John

Sorry to hear that you are still waiting, it must be very unsettling and scary, seems like you have done all you can to get them to hurry up! have you tried PALS?

Also sorry to hear about your dog, I lost my 13 year old springer spaniel a few months after my SAH. I waited a year and got a labradoodle puppy. I had forgotten what hard work a puppy is and nearly couldn't cope. I have had her for 6 months now and it is getting easier and I love having her. she gets me up in the mornings and gets me out every day to walk her. Bought her yet another new bed yesterday which she chewed up in the night! so still a way to go. :)

Vivien