17 months in and still no follow up

I had coils 17 months ago and still no follow up scan yet and have started to wind myself up that something could go wrong without the check. Received a letter about six months ago to say I’m still on the list but there would be a delay due to Covid. I’m trying to be rational telling myself that presumably if ‘they’ were worried I’d have been seen but I’m afraid I’ll be overlooked or something. Has anyone else had to wait this long for their first follow up scan?

Hi there

Sorry that this wait is making you anxious, but due to COVID a lot of things will be delayed. I had a follow up scan 6 months and 18 months after and nothing since - I'm now 14 1/2 years on.

If there is a telephone number on the letter, try calling and ask where they're at with your appointment, but COVID has had a huge impact on appointments and operations, so though it's easier said than done, try not to worry too much.

Hi Sallios

I understand how frustrating and worrying it is for you, but as Skippy says, try not to worry too much.  The vast majority of follow ups show the coiling to be successful.

In my case however, the follow up showed the coils had compacted and I needed more coils inserting. When I received the letter saying they proposed to do this in the next 3 weeks I thought OMG it must be urgent and might something happen during the 3 week wait.  This 3 week wait ended up being 9 months and nothing untoward happened during that time.  This was back in 2008/2009 when I was new to all this and hence my anxiety levels were a lot higher which, I guess, is the case for most people and probably includes yourself.  

Your scan will come through at some point but please try not to worry in the meantime.  Enjoy your Christmas,

Sarah x

Archived