Hi all

My SAH was 2017 and I still worry about it happening again . I had coiling and worry it’s not as effective as other methods. Does anyone else feel like this? I’ve also noticed being irritable and cross about everything .

Best Wishes Josie

Hi Josie

I was constantly worried about it happening again -as I approach 15 years post SAH, I'm at the point where I have stopped worrying about anything that I can't control.

My irritability and being cross about everything is down to being menopausal; so am taking tablets to try to realign my hormones and, therefore hopefully, my emotions.  Have you had a chat with your GP about how you're feeling?  You never know, they could recommend something.

Take care xx

Hi Josie, 

I'm literally 16 years on today, since my SAH and the coiling of my aneurysm. My aneurysm still isn't 100% "fixed" as it has a small neck to it ... but I'll take that! I'm still monitored.

My aneurysm wasn't suitable for clipping and probably 30+ years ago I would have died, as there wasn't the medical technology with brain surgery re:coiling.

I'm just very grateful that I've had another 16 years  to be honest.... Clipping is pretty invasive and a longer recovery period ... it brings with it, a lot of other recovery problems.

If I was asked now, as to what I would prefer coiling or clipping? I would go down the coiling route for sure.

I’ve also noticed being irritable and cross about everything .

Josie, we tend to blame everything on the SAH and I had a lady contacting me today and wondering whether it's the SAH, which she had last year or perhaps menopause symptoms. I'm not sure what age you are, but it can be a double whammy with the fallout from the SAH and believe you me, it can be a tough ride. 

I wish you well and all good things. x

Hi there

I worried for a long time about it happening again, what if the clips moved as time passes this became less of an issue, move forward with it I did best thing...

But if your worried yes speak to your GP or your Neuro doctor...

Wishing you well, stay-safe.

I used to worry terribly but 19 years later two kids since we holiday every year I have just gone from two and a half days a week at work to six (because of kids not sah) bit I was petrified of going anywhere but since me and my husband split I do it all xxx

Life is for living try not to worry and speak to your dr xxx

Archived