Upcoming operation/ coiling and stent procedure update

19 hours ago, Swishy said:

Dawny I am so happy your surgery is over and you are recovering.  It is very interesting and amazing what brilliant surgeons are able to do.  Be well...

xx

Jean

Thanks Jean. It really is. I have been reading a bit more and I can’t believe what they are capable of. 

10 hours ago, Compostc said:

Dawny it’s good to hear that your getting stronger every day, your right to trust the surgeons without them we wouldn’t be here.

Put your feet up and take it easy for a few weeks.

That is so true. Am indebted to them. Trying to think of a suitable thank you! 
Yes I’m enjoying the rest so far. Having a little gentle walk around so I don’t seize up either and drinking plenty of water. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dawny!

I have quietly followed your journey. I'm so happy that everything went well and you are recovering. We have the same Anterior Communicating Artery! I am also fascinated that it can be done through the radial artery. Never heard nor read that before. I agree on how amazing the surgeons and the medical team are. I was supposed to get a stent as well but did not push through. I had mine coiled through the femoral artery as well. My annie is proving as stubborn as me lol. I have clipping scheduled September 13th and I'm hoping that will be the last. 

Take it easy, Dawny. I wish you a complete recovery. 💗

• Like 1

Dear Ann

Thanks very much for your reply and wishes. We are ACOM twins! 

I hadn’t heard that about the radial artery either until it was done for me. I think it must be a relatively new approach, at least in the UK.  It really is amazing what these medical geniuses can achieve. 

Sorry to hear the stent did not work for you. When you say it didn’t push through, did they attempt to do it or was just it decided clipping was better? I have read clipping is very successful and reliable.  

I will be looking out for your progress and wishing you all the very best for a successful procedure and a complete recovery too. 

Take care and take it easy too! 💛🤞

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Super Mario said:

I had a cardiac angiogram done through my radial artery in 2013, so not that recent.

Yes I had my previous angiogram done through the radial artery and my mum had cardio stents this way but I understand it is usually the standard for endovascular coiling to be done via the femoral artery straight to the brain. Maybe it will be adopted more in the future but I had read somewhere that it’s a bit of a pioneering thing for brain aneurysms! 

• Like 2

To @ann_calgary apologies I just realised I had read your previous thread about stents and blood thinners from 2020 when I was trying to find out information about mine. I saw there you were advised you wouldn’t need one. 
Then I just read your post about where you were told you would need clipping.

You have been through so much but your positivity and attitude are so inspiring! 

I will be joining everyone on here in wishing you the best and thinking of you    on September 13th. 

• Like 2

Thank you, Dawny. No need to apologize! 

I have mixed emotions which I am sure most of us here have regarding upcoming surgeries. I hate toxic positivity too though lol. Just the right amount I request! 😆

Take care, my ACOM twin! 💗

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...