Hormones

Hiya everyone, just a question. Did or do you suffer with your hormones and perods since your SAH. I seem to go down hill everytime i have a period. Im exhasted , have feelings of sickness and my headaches are really bad. Also suffer with hot flushes and im only 34!! Im going to go to the doc's and get my levels checked, just wondering if anyone else had any problems. Thanks for reading Rhiann xxxx

Yes I feel very emtional when i am due get very tired & hav hot flushes. AS I am 44 it's quite possible to be peri menopausla but i had my levelschecked at my last clinic review & they are fine. I have now had the coil fitted which I am hoping might level things out bit for me as I get horrible period pain & heavy persods which doesn't help the tiredness. I am also taking a multi vit & iron just in case I'm borderline anemic.

Huige (()) to you I found post SAH hormones much harder to cope with but do get checked out as it's possible your hormones are out of kilter

Thanks guys for answering. I've already got the coil fitted because of heavy periods and painful ones. But the Doc said i should have it removed as it has not worked for me. Had my Iron and elts b12 mag checked all came back normal, so im going to ask him to check my hormone levels now and when i have a period just incase its making it worse.

Thanks again Rhiann xxxx

Hiya

I don't think mine are any worse than they used to be, just as awful really! :frown:

I do get quite heavy periods, and get very emoitional...and more tired than usual, and I have a huge appetite too!!

A colleague offered me Feminax yesterday as I had terrible stomach cramp but I checked the box and can't take it! Cos of hypertension and stroke... how annoying!

Kel

• 2 months later...

Hi Rhiann, I've just finished cycle #3 since my NASAH and I do feel more emotional and for longer duration than before. I'm tired all the time now but the exhaustion is worse during my period. I feel like I've taken some steps backward. I'm 46 and perimenopausal but symptoms during my period are intensified since the NASAH.

Sandi K.

I think everything in our bodies goes through some kind of confusion after SAH. I didn't have a period for 3 months after SAH. I was 47 and thought, yay - maybe I'm going into full blown menopause. No such luck! I experience deeper levels of depression, anxiety, anger a week prior to. Then I am completely exhausted during. I did have hormone and blood levels checked about 4 months ago. Hormones normal. Deficient in B12 and vit. D, so taking supplements to correct that.