TIA info please

rod123

Hi,as some of you will know Merrill had her SAH 21months ago now followed by a few complications the situation have been that she continued to suffer from chronic fatigue,poor short term memory speech difficulties and needs support when she walks,she also get very anxious at times this started to happen when her hearing started to deteriate.

On wednesday of this week Merrill started to get very anxious and was saying that there was something wrong with her eyes and after checking her peripheral vision i realised she was having problems with her right eye so phoned and spoke to the doctor who said take her striaght to A&E at the hospital which i did and they dealt with it very quickly she saw doc and she verified the problem and called for the neurologist but while we were waiting for him to come down Merrills eye seemed to correct itself and there was nothing for the neurologist to see, he said " i think we better put this down to one of those things that happen and we have no explanation" told me to take her home and if it happens again or anything unusual to bring her striaght back, so i took her home and she went to bed at 5.30pm and slept till 8.15 am next morning and got up and she was pretty good (she'd had about 10 bad days prior to this incident) that day i got a phone call from a doctor at the Hospital who said he had just reviewed Merrills notes and he actually thought she had, had a TIA and that he was going to try and arrange a letter to come out and get her striaght into the clinic and have her checked out for blood clots and have her heart checked out, my question is this has anyone else had this check for blood clots and what form does it take is it ct or mri or angio thanks for taking the time to read, Best wishes Rod

hi rod

sorry to hear about mel having a funny turn and pleased she seems to have shaken it off the blood clot check would proberly be a angio as they may inject a dye into her veins and do a scan the head to check the progress and should highlight any problems re the heart a twelve lead ecg should throw up any concerns they may also do an ultrasound but both are painless if still have my number by all means give me a call take care love to you both

Rod...so sorry to hear Merrill has been so unwell....my Dad had 3 TIA's and yes i believe they are mini strokes as Sami has said. I do you wish you both well...Take care love Tina xx

Edited by Tina

• 2 weeks later...

Hi just an update on this post merrill had an appointment at the TIA clinic at the N&N hospital and after all the checks and i think they are quite thorough, they now believe that it was'nt a TIA Merrill had but a blood clot behind the eye so they put her back on Aspirin and hopefully that should sort it out, Best wishes Rod