Good news - DVLA

Hi all, had the best I've had for a long time now I got a letter from the DVLA on Saturday to tell me that I can get back to driving again not only cars but I got my truck licence back as well:biggrin: . Now all I have to do is to get a go in a truck again to see if I can still do it or not I think I should be ok but I'd like to have a drive before I get a job just to see how I feel.

Having a great day

Ron

I'm so happy for you! I remember when I got cleared for driving, it was so freeing.

I'm glad I practiced though...I had a tendency not to use my turn signal and I hate it when other people don't do that. Now, I use it every time again :)

I don't know about you, but I had really bad fatigue at first and it took a while to get used to driving while I felt sooooo tiered. I knew intellectually that I was OK to drive because they tested my reaction-time when I was really fatigued and apparently I was within normal limits. Although, it was so strange to get used to driving while feeling that way.

I'll never know how you guys do that backing up thing though :shocked:

~Kris

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning all thank you Michelle,Dawn S,Win & Kris for your kind words. I am going for a job interview on Thursday afternoon ( to try and get my old job back) I am just going to go for gold and go straight back in to it and see how I get on providing I am successful at the interview and pass the driving assessment . Cant wait to get back on the road again :-D. Kris the reversing thing is not as difficult as it looks once somebody explains the method to you, even after all these years I still mess it up now and again and their is always somebody watching you when it goes wrong:lol:.

Ron

Good afternoon everybody, the the sun is out the sky's blue for a change and I passed my driving assessment and start my job on Monday:biggrin:. This is the start of the 2nd phase of my life I cant believe how excited I am just like a kid again I didn't think I would ever be doing this again its been the hardest fought year of my life and I know that I'm still going to get those SAH day's but they are getting further and further apart now. I know that I have been incredibly lucky to get this far after my explosion I hope the new me will still enjoy the truck driving, I'm now going to go out and sit in the sun and make a start on my 2nd litre of water for the day,hope the sun is shining where you are.

Ron

Good evening all, well I have just done my first week back at work (four days only) almost a year to the day after my explosion it all went great I was a bit nervous the first day but it all went off without a hitch although my reversing was a bit iffy the first few times:lol:I felt a bit stressed the first two days and gave myself a headache but nothing that a few pain killers couldn't cure:biggrin: The company had me collecting logs in the forests and taking them to various sawmills so I always managed to finish my days in the forest it was really good to be out in the country in the peace and quiet again.I start again on Sunday this week through till Thursday I know I've said it before but I really can't believe how incredibly lucky my family and I have been, I am so ****** happy to be back to work again and I never thought I would say that:lol:.

Ron

Congratulations Ron for getting to your first anniversary and your return to work - yes, who would have thought work could ever be so appealing! I'm sure that first year is the most difficult in recovery and I'm sure you can look back and see how much progress you have made during that year- well done,

Sarah

• 4 weeks later...

Good evening everyone, well I've now done 4 weeks back at work and its going really well I think my employer has got his confidence back in me to do my job again as he has me doing the kind of work I was doing pre-explosion. But I still have those anni days that I'm sure you all know what I mean, I had to stop in a motorway service station for a good cry once last week and twice this week you know what its like if you gotta cry you gotta cry:redface:.I am still enjoying being back at work and to be honest I think I always will now, since my anni I cant seem to put up with those constant moaners that you get I'm afraid I have no patience with that any more and and they don't like it when you tell them to stop moaning and enjoy the day as they never know it may be their last do any of you feel like that with the moaners?.Well must go and feed my rabbits now and say good night to them all, hope you all have a nice evening where ever you are:-D

Ron