Burning in the brain

Hello,

has anyone had a burning sensation in the brain. It is in my lower skull above the neck on both sides. I know many have said they have tingling and thats normal and i have that also. I had an acute blood pressure attack on Tuesday of 240/170 and had to call medics. I didn't go to hosp as I felt better and sick of waiting in ER for them to tell me nothing. Probably just a stroke, I'll be fine. rather sick of this. Supposed to go 3 hours away for a wedding tomorrow. Great timing. Anyone ever had burning?

David

David, it's hard not to be cynical of the pros when they tell us we will or should be fine but we aren't! They lose credibility don't they. I used to have burning in the early days but haven't had for sometime. The blood pressure numbers are concerning. Was a there a reason for it like being stressed at work or bad traffic or something like that? You are at work today and I'm guessing you don't want to take time off to see the doctor today.

Sandi K. Xoxoxo

I get a hot head....but not like yours......just warm.....Well okay wanted you to feel better ..you know...if someone else has it you feel phew !! thank goodness ...normality in SAHers xx

Hope you feel Better David and relax.... xx

WinB143 xx

Holy Moly DAVID! That is really high blood pressure. I do not recall having burning sensation. Don't know if I have or don't recall. Sorry you feel so unwell. I think you need to see the Dr. I went to yesterday. I got an A for effort.

Dearest one I take it you are not the one in Michigan that won the lottery?

I took some headache meds, now need to feed myself....I hate feeding myself.

You called your GP right?

Take care sending you something- good thoughts as I have no spoons.

maryb

Hi David,

I can't recall burning at all, my pains are always like being stabbed in the head rather than burning sensation.

Without wanting to cause you further worry, I believe you already know yourself that a BP reading that high needs to be discussed with a doctor. Personally, I would take it as a warning sign that something needs attention or that you are doing way more than your body is able to cope with. When I was pregnant (7 years before SAH) my BP kept spiking to that level and I was sent to hospital each time it did, there is obviously a reason why this reading should be worrying as I had a midwife visit me at home EVERY day to check it.

I'm sorry I can't say anything upbeat but I think it would be silly for me to say I'm sure you'll be fine.

Look after yourself and definitely speak to a doctor.

Michelle xx

Hello:

I called my GP and he said as long as the BP dropped back to normal that I was ok. It did. He said no reason to go to ER. Who knows? I will see him next week. I dont normally have high BP so this was weird. But I forgot my headache meds at work that day so I think that caused it. As I said I had a 9 headache that day. But 240/170 is supposed to be dead or stroke according to what you read. I was laying in bed watching baseball game at the time. Totally at rest. My heart raced and then literally felt like it was going to explode in my stomach. Scary. Used up one of my nine lives apparently.

David Downer sigining out

Hey David

Yes I've experienced the burning sensation - its quite scary but if your BP is fine and there are no other SAH type symptoms and your Doc is satisfied you're OK, then try not to worry.

It normally happens to me if I've not had enough sleep and have had a particularly heavy day at work. Deep breaths, stay calm and have a cool drink - it all helps the brain. I can imagine you're also worried about upping your hours to 40 per week which isn't going to help your mind set.

Take care, rest when you can - even if means taking extra "toilet" breaks :wink:

I agree with Sami, take more toliet breaks.

I have always had on the few side of blood pressure except for past few years. ( now that is a sentence that makes sense???) TRY again.... I have, in the past, had low normal blood pressure except past few years now it jumps all over the place.

YOURS was outragous. I was getting some 158/120's and worried as that is always when my head was hurting worse or I was not feeling well at all. I had it checked at GP and 2 different nurses checked it and one had the same as I had at home and the other was low. That makes you feel good, doesnt it??? When I saw neurologist last week it was 150/110. The nurse mentioned it was high but that was it.

Take care Davey!

mb

Hi all:

Thanks for replying and you ALL make sense.

Sami- Funny you mention it, I was just on a "toilet break" when you wrote. Off work in 30 more min. My toilet break was useful and I took a little rest. Then my feet fell asleep. But if you mean toilet breaks as in go to the bathroom at work occasionally and sit there head on hands (yoga pose Mary) and take a 5 minute nap then I am guilty as charged!

Michelle- you're right as usual. I'll translate for you. I'm a dumb a$$ who is working too much with poor health and nearly killing himself. Although I directly asked two doctors if I was doing too much and they said no. Bet they want me to pay the bill!

Sandi- Yes I am cynical and wonder about doctors who if they don;t know the answer feel the need to make it up.

Deep breaths Sami, deep breaths. I will try.

David

a BP spike like that would undoubtedly cause pressure everywhere including the back of your head! Are you under a cardiologist's care for it? You need a cardiologist not just a GP to really get to the bottom of it. Bite the bullet and go in. My dad sees one because one day after he road his usual bike-ride of 40miles, he had some minor chest pains...he ended up getting a quadruple bypass before any heart attack took place, thank goodness! You never know. We would have never expected it seeing that he road his bike so far and fast all the time, he's thin, had a great diet, etc. But it was lucky that he listened to his body and ultimately to my mom who dragged him in to the doctor right away. Listen to your body, no you can't just RELAX out of a BP like that!

~Kris